Specific application search for all devices

yjian
New Contributor III

Hi, 

I would like to know which devices does not have a specific application for example keynote. Are there any ways to run a search and export the report using JAMF School?

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

mramola
New Contributor III

You do have the filters.  I also use Jamf School - go to Devices/Device Groups and choose Smart Group - skip all the way to Members and Add Filter.  Scroll all the way to the bottom of the list and you will see the Apps category.  Choose "Managed App (installed)", "One of the following", "Keynote" (or whatever app you like.  Then hit save.  Click into members and click Save Scope and now you should have a list of all devices that have the app Keynote installed.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

AJPinto
Honored Contributor II

I use JAMF Pro so it may be a bit different. In JAMF Pro you can make a smart group (or inventory search) with the Criteria "Application Title", Operator "Does Not Have", and the Value being the app name you are looking for the device missing. Once you have the group/search, you can export it.

AJPinto_0-1681817920343.png

yjian
New Contributor III

I don't have these filter in JAMF School. Any other ways?

Screenshot 2023-04-19 at 19.09.41.png

mramola
New Contributor III

You do have the filters.  I also use Jamf School - go to Devices/Device Groups and choose Smart Group - skip all the way to Members and Add Filter.  Scroll all the way to the bottom of the list and you will see the Apps category.  Choose "Managed App (installed)", "One of the following", "Keynote" (or whatever app you like.  Then hit save.  Click into members and click Save Scope and now you should have a list of all devices that have the app Keynote installed.

yjian
New Contributor III

Thank you