Unregister of iPad in JamfSchool

raba341
New Contributor II

Hello,

I clicked "Unregister" in JamfSchool on an iPad as a test. Now the device in JamfSchool displays: "The device is no longer managed! The management profile was removed from the device on Tue Jan 9 19:15:30 2024. The device can only be managed again after it has been re-registered."

The question for me now is how I can register the iPad again without using Configurator 2. Or does this only work with Configurator 2? But that would mean that I would have to connect the device to a Mac via USB.

Ralph

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

raba341
New Contributor II

Hi ASVtechnology,

many thanks for this information.

In the meantime, however, I have discovered that it is not necessary to completely remove the device from registration and support in order to read in the new DEP profile. In this case, as you wrote, it can actually only be registered with the Configurator. But to read in the DEP profile again, it is sufficient to click on the "Delete device" button in JamfSchool. The device will then automatically re-register and the whole process will run via WLAN. The Configurator is not required in this case.

Best regards,

Ralph

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

ASVtechnology
New Contributor III

Normally devices that uses Configurator, ever uses configurator.

Could be you have it at DEP, and you can enroll it automatically.
To check that go to: Devices -> Automated Device Enrollment
There check the S/N, if the number is there you can assign a profile, if not you need Configurator.

raba341
New Contributor II

Hi ASVtechnology,

many thanks for this information.

In the meantime, however, I have discovered that it is not necessary to completely remove the device from registration and support in order to read in the new DEP profile. In this case, as you wrote, it can actually only be registered with the Configurator. But to read in the DEP profile again, it is sufficient to click on the "Delete device" button in JamfSchool. The device will then automatically re-register and the whole process will run via WLAN. The Configurator is not required in this case.

Best regards,

Ralph