Using iMessage with MAIDs

Annette1
New Contributor

We recently setup federated MAIDs using MS Azure. We have a group of users needing to use iMessage on their district iPhones. iMessage and FaceTime are allowed in the profile restrictions. iMessage is enabled in ASM. Toggle is grayed out on phones. In ASM users are listed as students, but are in fact staff. Any help would be appreciated. 

IMG_0007.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Annette1
New Contributor

Got the issue resolved. Had to adjust settings in Roles in ASM and then have users sign out and sign back into their devices. 👍

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

jcaleshire
New Contributor III

I don't know a ton about managed Apple IDs, but I can say that failed activations likely aren't something that you would be able to resolve through anything on the device or management side; usually you'll have to take those problems straight to Apple Support to have them suss out what's busted on the back end of things.

Alternatively, since it is a cloud services change, it may need some time to disseminate your change in ASM throughout iCloud. I've seen Azure take literal hours to make changes like this, but I'm not sure if ASM suffers from the same iffy timetables.

Annette1
New Contributor

Got the issue resolved. Had to adjust settings in Roles in ASM and then have users sign out and sign back into their devices. 👍