PCalomeni

Today we are releasing a maintenance version of Jamf Pro.

Jamf Pro 11.3.2 fixes the following product issue:

Jamf Pro Server

[PI116625] Jamf Pro no longer sends duplicate RemoveProfile commands to computers in the scope of a configuration profile; the duplicate commands caused HTTP 503 errors.

For additional information on what's included in this release, review the release notes via the Jamf Learning Hub.

To access new versions of Jamf Pro, log into Jamf Account with your Jamf ID. The latest version is located in the Products section under Jamf Pro.

Cloud Upgrade Schedule

Your Jamf Pro server, including any free sandbox environments, will be updated to Jamf Pro 11.3.2 based on your hosted data region below. Review this guide if you need assistance identifying the Hosted Data Region of your Jamf Cloud instance.

If you would like to upgrade manually, navigate to https://account.jamf.com/products/jamf-pro and click Upgrade (Standard Cloud) or Schedule Upgrade (Premium Cloud) at the top of the page.

Subscribe to product alerts to receive real-time updates.

Hosted Region Begins Ends
ap-southeast-2 22 March at 1300 UTC 22 March at 2200 UTC
ap-northeast-1 22 March at 1500 UTC 23 March at 0100 UTC
eu-central-1 22 March at 2300 UTC 23 March at 0900 UTC
eu-west-2 23 March at 0000 UTC 23 March at 0700 UTC
us-east-2 23 March at 0400 UTC 23 March at 1800 UTC
us-west-2 23 March at 0700 UTC 23 March at 2100 UTC
Comments
greatkemo
Contributor II

@PCalomeni 

Something seems to be wrong with the Linux installer. It seems there is a typo in the Tomcat service.

Installer output:

Removed symlink /etc/systemd/system/multi-user.target.wants/jamf.tomcat8.service.
rm: cannot remove ‘/usr/lib/systemd/system/jamf.tomcat8.service’: No such file or directory

Then it creates the symlink:

Created symlink from /etc/systemd/system/multi-user.target.wants/jamf.tomcat.service to /etc/systemd/system/jamf.tomcat.service.

I am noticing the absence of the 8 in Tomcat.

Before upgrade:

ll /etc/systemd/system/multi-user.target.wants/jamf*
lrwxrwxrwx. 1 root root 40 Oct  4  2020 /etc/systemd/system/multi-user.target.wants/jamf.tomcat8.service -> /etc/systemd/system/jamf.tomcat8.service

After upgrade:

ll /etc/systemd/system/multi-user.target.wants/jamf*
lrwxrwxrwx. 1 root root 39 Mar 19 11:31 /etc/systemd/system/multi-user.target.wants/jamf.tomcat.service -> /etc/systemd/system/jamf.tomcat.service

Was this intentional? 

The service now won't start. Thankfully, this was on a test server, and I can revert to a snapshot. I understand what I must do to fix it, but I prefer waiting for an update to resolve the issue.

Additional information:

Upgrading from 11.2 to 11.3.2 on RHEL 7.9

openjdk version "11.0.19" 2023-04-18 LTS
OpenJDK Runtime Environment (Red_Hat-11.0.19.0.7-1.el7_9) (build 11.0.19+7-LTS)
OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM (Red_Hat-11.0.19.0.7-1.el7_9) (build 11.0.19+7-LTS, mixed mode, sharing)

austin_stewart
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Hi @greatkemo , thanks for reaching out! I can confirm the service name change is intentional, we changed the name in 11.3.0 with our change to Tomcat 9.

For the service not starting - I would recommend starting by opening a support case and working with our team to look into that.

donmontalvo
Esteemed Contributor III

We upgraded a test environment (internally hosted) from 10.15.0 to 11.3.2, and thankfully we were aware of the Tomcat8 to Tomcat9 change in the tools.yaml file. The upgrade went smoothly.

Version history
Last update:
‎03-16-2024 06:39 AM
Updated by:
Contributors