PCalomeni

Today we are releasing Jamf Pro 11.6. Highlights include:

• Compatibility with watchOS
    Management capabilities are available in Jamf Pro for Apple Watch devices with watchOS 10 or later that are paired with a supervised iPhone with iOS 17 or later. The enrollment process begins with the end user's iPhone using Apple's declarative device management. Note: This feature is only available for Jamf Cloud-hosted environments.
  • Support for FIDO2 Authentication
    Self Service for macOS supports the FIDO2 authentication method for single sign-on. FIDO2 is a type of Universal 2nd Factor (U2F) authentication where credentials can be accessed on a device instead of a server. It enables passwordless authentication, including passkeys, local biometric access, and hardware keys. Note: FIDO2 must be configured via your identity provider (IdP).

For additional information on what's included in this release, review the release notes via the Jamf Learning Hub. See the latest release notes video for a brief overview of new features and enhancements.

To access new versions of Jamf Pro, log into Jamf Account with your Jamf ID. The latest version is located in the Products section under Jamf Pro.

Cloud Upgrades

Your Jamf Pro server, including any free sandbox environments, will be updated based on your hosted data region below. Review this guide if you need assistance identifying the Hosted Data Region of your Jamf Cloud instance.

If you would like to upgrade manually, navigate to https://account.jamf.com/products/jamf-pro and click Upgrade (Standard Cloud) or Schedule Upgrade (Premium Cloud) at the top of the page.

Subscribe to product alerts to receive real-time updates.

Hosted Region Begins Ends
ap-southeast-2 21 June at 1400 UTC 21 June at 2300 UTC
ap-northeast-1 21 June at 1500 UTC 22 June at 0100 UTC
eu-central-1 21 June at 2200 UTC 22 June at 0900 UTC
eu-west-2 21 June at 2300 UTC 22 June at 0600 UTC
us-east-2 22 June at 0400 UTC 22 June at 1700 UTC
us-west-2 22 June at 0700 UTC 22 June at 2000 UTC
Comments
SlipStream
New Contributor III

When I log into https://account.jamf.com I'm unable to click the "Upgrade" button which is greyed out on all of my Jamf Pro instances.

This is the same across multiple accounts and instances which I manage, so is Jamf stopping cloud customers from upgrading early for the v11.6 release, and requiring everyone to wait for the cloud upgrade to take place?

M4tr1xN3o
New Contributor II

Same as the poster above. Seems like only Premium Cloud users have the option to upgrade manually. 

M4tr1xN3o_0-1718116919112.png

PCalomeni

@SlipStream @M4tr1xN3o Thank you for raising the issue re: manual upgrades for Standard Cloud customers. We are actively working to restore the functionality.

M4tr1xN3o
New Contributor II

@PCalomeni thanks for the update.

Mithrandir
New Contributor III

Has the release schedule been posted? Seem to be having a bit of trouble finding it. Need the date for change mgmt.

PCalomeni

@Mithrandir Can you see the table included below the "Cloud Upgrades" heading?

SlipStream
New Contributor III

The "Upgrade" button for me within https://account.jamf.com/products/jamf-pro is now able to be clicked on my instances to initiate the upgrade to v11.6.

PCalomeni

@SlipStream Thank you for confirming! 🎉 @M4tr1xN3o The functionality has been restored.

Mithrandir
New Contributor III

@PCalomeni I was on mobile at the time; for whatever reason it wasn't exposed. I see it now. Thanks!

M4tr1xN3o
New Contributor II

@PCalomeni Great stuff. Thanks 🥳

Version history
Last update:
a week ago
Updated by:
Contributors