FAQs (Helpful resources to aid in your success!)

CalleyO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Helpful Links 

We know a few things have moved around. Here is a set of links to help you find what you need.

Commonly Asked Questions

Jamf Nation is looking a bit different these days. Why the change?

The short answer is — we listened to you! Our great Jamf Nation community provided loads of feedback around ways we could improve the site to make your lives easier. The longer answer is found in our “More to love in the NEW Jamf Nation” blog on jamf.com. Enjoy!

Did all the content from the legacy community move to this new Jamf Nation?

You bet it did! All of the topics, discussions, comments, etc. that you created over the years are available in this new format. These items, however, may live in different spaces. For instance, to allow for easier navigation, we created product forums for each Jamf product, as well as group hubs to host more content than was previously possible. The majority of discussions were moved to the Jamf Pro product forum, but we did move some to other product forums based on the tags. We hope you enjoy the more diversified, targeted areas that are available for you to engage with Jamf and each other.

Was anything shifted out of Jamf Nation in this transition?

Jamf Nation is a community, and it contains the elements that focus on this purpose. The areas of Jamf Nation that were related to fulfillment shifted out of the community and into more appropriate areas across Jamf’s digital properties. For instance, the following assets now live in Jamf Account: My Assets; Profile; Create/View Support Cases; Training Pass; Training Fulfillment; Beta/RC Program Assets. You can access them at https://account.jamf.com/. 

How do I access Product Documentation/Knowledge Base articles?

You can now access these documents in two places within Jamf Nation:

1. In this post under the Helpful Links. 
  2. In the footer of Jamf Nation. 

Note: Knowledge Base articles have been converted into Technical Articles for consistency with the other product documentation that Jamf publishes.

Where do I access My Assets?

This now lives within Jamf Account

Where do I contact Support?

You can now access Support through Jamf Account

Where do I access the training materials?

You can now easily access the training materials in Jamf Account

How do I submit a Feature Request?

The new Feature Requests tile on the home page of Jamf Nation contains everything you need to know about Feature Requests, including a link to submit your idea! Or you can head to the portal at: https://ideas.jamf.com/ Thank you for your willingness to help us always improve!

Are all of my Feature Requests still available?

Yes! All of the Feature Requests from legacy Jamf Nation moved into this new space. You can access them at https://ideas.jamf.com/. 

Did anything change with user profiles?

In our discovery work leading up to the launch of this new space, we found out our Jamf Nation users wanted easier ways to identify the expertise of others. With that in mind, we built more robust profiles that allow you to share your personal blogs, GitHub pages, LinkedIn accounts and more. Your user profile also now shows each member’s rank within Jamf Nation - a quick way to identify everyone’s demonstrated involvement within the community. 

How can I update my Jamf Nation profile?

Any changes you want to make to your first and last name or email address that’s listed in Jamf Nation must be made in Jamf Account. You can update your avatar, as well as many other community and notification settings, within your Jamf Nation profile. Click on your avatar and select My profile or My settings from the drop-down. We encourage you to check it out!

Were all of my badges moved over?

Yes! If you had badges in the previous version of Jamf Nation, you should see them in your profile now. If you believe you’re missing a badge, please let us know at jamfnation@jamf.com. 

Were there any changes to badges?

Just like content, all of the badges from our legacy Jamf Nation were shifted to this new space. And they got a bit of a facelift! Jamf’s Marketing team did an amazing job reinventing all of the badges to have a fresh, new look. And new to Jamf Nation, you can now earn many additional badges based on your involvement in the community!

Am I still able to access Jamf Nation User Groups in this new space?

Absolutely! In fact, each user group gets their very own group hub for the first time! This means there are more opportunities for each user group to showcase their activities. Each group hub contains a calendar, area for announcements and a dedicated discussion forum. We hope you enjoy this expanded functionality!

Is there a new process for Beta/RC?

Previously, all of the facets of these programs operated in Jamf Nation. Moving forward, program participants will pick up their assets within Jamf Account and provide their feedback and ideas within Jamf Nation in the corresponding Beta/RC group hub. If you are a member of one of these programs and have questions about the new process, please let us know at beta@jamf.com or rc@jamf.com. 

What are the new Education and Healthcare group hubs for?

As Jamf continues to grow, we want to ensure all of our extended audiences have a place to connect. We believe the Education and Healthcare group hubs will allow for more dedicated conversations around these verticals while eventually serving as a home for even more audiences (e.g. teachers, health care professionals) to share ideas and build relationships. 

I see there’s now a JNUC group hub! What’s this for?

For the first time, we’re excited to share the Jamf Nation User Conference (JNUC) will have a dedicated group hub within Jamf Nation! In addition to providing users with more information about the conference within the community, the group hub will be a space for users to connect about JNUC all year long. Let’s keep those amazing hallways conversations going!

Can Jamf Nation members still post jobs in the community?

You bet! In fact, we created a group hub just for this purpose! We hope you utilize this to help you find new talent for your organization — or for yourself!

Is Jamf Nation now available in other languages?

In your user profile, you can select one of the following languages to be your default: Albanian, Dutch, Japanese, Slovak, Arabic (UAE), English (US), Korean, Spanish (Mexico), Bahasa Indonesian, English (UK), Latvian, Spanish (Spain), Bulgarian, Finnish, Malay, Swedish, Catalan, French, Norwegian, Thai, Chinese (Simplified), German, Polish, Turkish, Chinese (Traditional), Greek, Portuguese (Brazil), Ukrainian, Croatian, Hebrew, Portuguese (Portugal), Vietnamese, Czech, Hungarian, Romanian, Danish, Italian and Russian.

If I select another language in my profile, which content will translate?

You can select the language you’d prefer to use within your user profile. Words in the top navigation bar, along with other foundational items (excluding our customized navigation, ie Products, Community & Events), will then translate into the selected language. Emails will also translate to the selected language, though the default is always English. The posts or content created by community members, however, will not translate. 

Why does it say I’m a guest?

If you’re seeing that you have guest access, it simply means you haven’t logged in. Either click the person icon in the top, right corner to log in, or head to Jamf Account to create a Jamf ID and then sign in. There is a link to Jamf Nation from Jamf Account. 

What if I have macros or emails that link to specific forum topics inside the legacy Jamf Nation?

All links have been rerouted. You should not have an issue with “dead links". If you find an issue with a broken link(s), please let us know at jamfnation@jamf.com.

Did Third-Party Products move?

While some pieces of this area from our legacy Jamf Nation were deprecated, the current content lives within https://marketplace.jamf.com/. 

Are there community guidelines I should follow as a Jamf Nation member?

Yes. We greatly appreciate your help to ensure Jamf Nation is a welcoming place for all community members. When you get a chance, please read through our Jamf Nation Community Guidelines, which are included at above. Thank you for helping us maintain an inclusive community!

Who works on Jamf Nation from Jamf?

Jamf Nation is now supported by the Community team, which includes a community moderator and manager. To learn more about the people who are dedicated to helping Jamf’s communities grow over time, check out the “Meet your Community Team” space on Jamf Nation’s main page.

Who do I contact with questions?

Jeni Asaba, your Jamf Nation Community manager, and Calley O’Neil, your Jamf Nation Community moderator, would love to help you out! Shoot us your questions at jamfnation@jamf.com. 

2 REPLIES 2

easyedc
Valued Contributor II

I've been digging through the new site and I think i am generally happy with the changes/updates. I did wonder where our "ranking" (for lack of a better term) comes from?

Screen Shot 2021-07-14 at 2.11.51 PM.png

Not that I'm necessarily trying to go higher, but what's the threshold for the various classifications? 

tomt
Valued Contributor

The new update is pretty bad as far as discoverability and usability are concerned. Where are the third party software versions hiding now?

But hey, you made it look cute and now with everything being huge on screen, you may help increase sales of larger monitors.