Jamf Connect - Drop down menu blank

dylanwb
New Contributor

Hi all,

I have recently deployed Jamf Connect and Jamf Pro, managed to enroll devices successfully and can see them in the Jamf portal. Able to manage the devices OK. 

However, I have noticed on all deployments, that the Jamf Connect drop down (Drop down menu when clicking on the icon), is completely blank - https://imgur.com/a/BZj5Roj - Unable to upload pictures so I have uploaded screenshot to Imgur. 

The options on the menu do still work, but obviously isn't ideal for end users. I have been unable to see other references to this issue - Has anyone else seen/had this? 

Any help would be appreciated, let me know if you need more information. 

Many thanks!

6 REPLIES 6

junjishimazaki
Valued Contributor

Hi, have you looked at this Jamf Connect guide how to customize the menu bar? https://docs.jamf.com/jamf-connect/2.9.0/documentation/Custom_Menu_Bar_Action_Items.html

Hi @junjishimazaki , 
Thanks for your reply, I've not reviewed that document no. However, to my understanding, it would be to add "Actions" to the drop down? 
My issue is that the entire menu is blank. Unless there is something on this document I am missing, i'm not sure how it would assist me in restoring the menu to it's default?

junjishimazaki
Valued Contributor

Hi dylanwb, you are correct. This guide won't help you with your issue. Sorry for the confusion. In your com.jamf.connect plist do you have the key "HiddenMenuItems" enabled? That's the key where I set what I don't want enabled/visible.  Also, are you using Jamf Pro to create the config profile or are using the Jamf Connect Configuration app?

Hi @junjishimazaki,

No worries! I don't have the "HiddenMenuItems" key at all, shall i try it with "Disabled" and see what it does? 
I created the config profile using the Jamf Connect Config app. 

junjishimazaki
Valued Contributor

Yes, I would add the items you want disabled and go from there. Athough it's odd it's not showing anything all the menu items. Did you confirm the license is applied?

dhughes
New Contributor

Did you ever find a resolution to this? I've got the exact same problem...