ASM Token Help

ChrisTech
Contributor

Good Morning,

I am trying to decrypt the ASM token so we can use the information inside the token for use with ASM's API for automation purposes.

I have the public key, the token downloaded from ASM but it's encrypted. OpenSSL is looking for the private key. I tried using the CA Backup from the PKI Certificates page in Jamf Pro and extracted the private key but it's failing to decrypt the token downloaded from ASM.

Has anyone else done this or have any other suggestions?

2 REPLIES 2

jonathan_mcc
New Contributor III

What ASM API Are you looking to use? You would need to generate an API key/token to use in your REST API calls for correct authentication. The ASM token for integration with MDM is not the token you would use to authenticate the API.

Please see here for generating tokens: Generate and validate tokens | Apple Developer Documentation

If you are looking at the ASM Rosters API (beta) for example you can read about that here: Roster API | Apple Developer Documentation

If you are looking for a jamf API token to auth to your jamf Pro instance - you can go to https://yourjamfurl.com:8443/api for all api documentation.

ChrisTech
Contributor

Hi @jonathan_mcc we are trying to use the ASM API to create/modify classes. I've gotten in touch with our Apple rep since this doesn't seem as easy as downloading a token from ASM. Thanks for your response. We will read the documentation.