Microsoft Intune and Company Portal Problems

husnudagidir
New Contributor III

Hi,

We have integrated Jamf Pro and Microsoft Intune to define Conditional Access Policies for MacOS devices in our company. In this way, we can see the devices on Azure AD. In order to enroll devices on Intune, we also installed the Company Portal application as specified on the Jamf Pro site. After the installation, the user authenticates and registers. So far everything is running normally. However, after a while, authentication is requested again on MacOS devices at random times. What is the reason for this and is there a way to prevent it? I have shared the screenshots below. Thank you very much for your help in advance.

This verification request is very annoying and bad experience for users and us technical teams.

hd2i.pnghd3i.pnghd1i.pnghd5i.pnghd4i.pngConnectors.pngDevice_Compliance.png

5 REPLIES 5

garybidwell
Contributor III

The mostly likely cause is upon the enrolment into condition access, at the stage where the user needs to grant keychain access for the WPJ Key token they hit the return key which auto-selects the dialog default of "Allow" rather that clicking the "Always Allow" button (as per the instructions).

Screenshot 2023-08-08 at 14.30.26.png

This works fine until there's a password change and then it will keep asking for the password again as keychain access was only originally granted access for the life of that password.

You can restrospectly fix by the user opening the keychain item for their WPJ Key and manually changing the trust to Always Allow

Hi,

I paid particular attention to the issue you mentioned. However, some users still reported that these warnings appear occasionally. I already took these screenshots from the moments. I also asked Microsoft company. However, I did not get a satisfactory answer. We proceeded by choosing the Always Allow option.

Have you installed Company Portal on the devices by integrating between Intune and Jamf in your own environment? Have you ever encountered the problem I mentioned?

Hi,

I want to ask while I think of it. Is your default web browser Safari? I see this in the screenshot. The default web browser for some users is Chrome. Could this be the cause of the problem?

husnudagidir
New Contributor III

Hi,

I solved this problem.

Hello, I have the same issue. How did you solve the problem in the end ?

Thanks