Sonoma won't sign in after sleep

darth_undesirab
New Contributor II

I've run into an issue with signing back into a Mac (macos 14.2.1) and I'm not exactly sure if it's related to JamfConnect. Our fully configured Mac is running Jamf Connect 2.29. I'm logging in with an administrator account created during PreStage enrollment. After no input for a while, the Mac goes to sleep or screensaver. If this state remains for too long, the mac won't complete the login. I can enter the credentials but it just give me the thinking circle and never completes the sign in. All input becomes disabled and I have to force reboot it. Afterwards, I can sign in again without issue. Troubleshooting is nearly impossible because I can't get response from the system while it's having the issues. Can anyone point me to logs or files I can reference afterward? Has anyone else seen this with Sonoma?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

darth_undesirab
New Contributor II

This issue was caused by a 3rd party DLP solution and seems to not be a native issue.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

roiegat
Contributor III

I reported this back to Apple during beta testing.  My feedback was FB12892935.  So far its still active.

darth_undesirab
New Contributor II

This issue was caused by a 3rd party DLP solution and seems to not be a native issue.

Dottie_Hinz
New Contributor

What 3rd party DLP caused the issue?  I am running into this same problem (not using JAMF connect) and am having issues re-creating the problem consistently and have not had a lot of luck a solution. 

We are using Forcepoint DLP. New versions are in testing and our Security Office is in contact with the vendor to resolve these issues. The DLP caused multiple applications (native and others) to hang, including the login.