1 Extension Attribute Error

doekman
New Contributor III

I have a "1 Extension Attribute Error" error on Google Drive File Stream patch management template, a bit like this error.

I'm not sure what is going wrong, I see no logs.

But I do have one laptop which has the latest version installed. In patch management, it is reported as Unknown. But when I run the script manually, it reports the correct version. Other patch management items have no problems.

Now I noticed it has the old name (with File Stream). So I wanted to add the package "Google Drive", but when I press on the (+) button, I get a "404 Page Not Found" error. When I want to add another package (for example "Textmate"), it just works.

What is the problem? Do I first have to remove the "Google Drive File Stream" package, before adding the new one? I'm afraid it will still fail... Also, how can I see what's going on. It seems very magical to me right now...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

sdagley
Esteemed Contributor II

@doekman For any Patch Management title that includes a Extension Attribute you need to approve the EA before the Patch Management title is active. You can do that by clicking Edit when viewing the Patch Management title, selecting the Extension Attribute tab, then clicking the button to approve the EA.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

sdagley
Esteemed Contributor II

@doekman For any Patch Management title that includes a Extension Attribute you need to approve the EA before the Patch Management title is active. You can do that by clicking Edit when viewing the Patch Management title, selecting the Extension Attribute tab, then clicking the button to approve the EA.

Siddhi
New Contributor III

@sdagley - i have Onedrive Patch management and its EA is script, if i have to edit the script. is there a possibility to edit the script before accepting it?

sdagley
Esteemed Contributor II

@Siddhi You cannot edit the Jamf Patch Management EAs. You could create a copy of the Patch Management configuration for OneDrive and edit the EA in yours but then you'd have to maintain it every time Jamf updates the version definition.

doekman
New Contributor III

Thanks, that was it! Not really discoverable though...

glennu
Release Candidate Programs Tester

Agree 100%, in a weird place!