addComputer.html and addComputer.jsp

BaddMann
Contributor

I'm looking into making a slightly modified addComputer.jsp page. "addComputer2.jsp" maybe :P
Anyone else have any experience in this?

When we get inventory we normally scan in an Assert Tag barcode, Mac Address, serial number and give it a name.
As you might know, Adding a computer manually doesn't have the Assert Tag available as an option.

I've Found the Functions that call the existing Fields, but I'm about to head home, and before I dive deeper into the code to find where these functions are created, maybe someone can tell me the function for asset tag?

Some of the Form on add Computer Manual page.

<tr> <td align="right" width="50%"> <label for="t1"> <font class="formLabel"><%=JSSUtils.encodeHTML(rp.getFieldLabel("Computer Name"))%>:</font> </label> </td> <td> <input type="text" id="t1" name="computerName" value="<%=JSSUtils.encodeHTML(c.getName())%>"> </td> </tr> <tr> <td align="right"> <label for="t2"> <font class="formLabel">MAC Address:</font> </label> </td> <td> <input type="text" id="t2" name="macAddress1" value="<%=JSSUtils.encodeHTML(c.getMacAddress())%>"> </td> </tr>

c.getMacAddress() appears to be a function.

Please correct me if I'm wrong. I have about 10 minutes JSP experience.

Could the Asset tag simply be "c.getAssetTag()" ?

Also I'm guessing the name is important too.

Any advice is greatly appreciated
Oliver

0 REPLIES 0