Adobe Acrobat 9 asks for admin usr/pass when opened by mobile account user....

Not applicable

Hello

This is the first time ive posted to the Casper List, im fairly new to the Suite but getting there :) Apologies if this has been reported before, I have had a look though the Kbase and the Casper List but I couldn't find any answers......

I have used Composer 7 to make a .dmg of Adobe CS4 Design Standard for a client. I pushed this out via a Policy to the users and all the apps within the suite, expect Acrobat Pro 9 work fine. Acrobat asks for admin password when its opened. This happens for every user (the users are Active Directory users, mobile accounts). I used Composer as I thought this would "get around" the issue of admin rights. But this hasn't worked. The local admin accounts on each Mac are obviously ok, just the mobile accounts the users log in with have the issue.

Does any one recommend a way around this? From my research this is a long standing issue, people have edited .xml files but to no avail. Id really appreciate some advice.

Thanks
Ben

3 REPLIES 3

Not applicable

Ben,

I'm new myself to the suite. I think I have nailed the program by doing the following. I too created a dmg of the CS4 Suite. I then used composer to create a dmg of of all the files that acrobat creates on first launch (install plugin, install acrobat pdf printer, etc…). I then install this and tell it to propgate to default profile and user's directory. I then use the managed prefs in Casper. There are two Acrobat specific prefs in the template that disable self heal (which is the reason why the password is asked for). This seems to have worked in my environment.

Hope that helps.

Cheers

Carib Mendez

ernstcs
Contributor III

This is similar to what I do as well.

I deploy CS4 using the native Casper method, not a package, but I package up
all the changes Acrobat Pro does when it launches and put that package out
to FUT and FEU. I deploy the PDF 9.0 printer like I do other printers as
part of the install. I have not disabled self healing. This has worked well,
until now. It would appear that if we intend to stick with CS4 anywhere
we'll need to create a traditional Composer package of CS4 to install it on
10.6.3 boxes because of an Adobe AIR install issue. Yeah, because a
framework installer should hose up your entire suite installer because of an
OS version change...

Craig E

Not applicable

Thanks for the quick replies! I'll give your suggestions ago, they certainly sound very promising.

Thanks again

Ben

![external image link](attachments/50984643454f49c4940583926083cc7b)
![external image link](attachments/b7404af72cb14873bb1c2a35284834cb)