An update on App Installers

JustinC
New Contributor II
At this year’s JNUC 2021, we announced App Installers; a streamlined way to deploy and update Mac applications, removing the tedious tasks of sourcing, deploying and maintaining non-Mac App Store titles

This month, we launched a private beta with select customers to gather initial feedback on the new workflow. All customers can expect to see App Installers in the Jamf Beta Program early next year. Any interested customer can sign up for the Jamf Beta Program here.

Once generally available, App Installers will be included with cloud-hosted Jamf Pro, Business Plan, and Enterprise Plan subscriptions. We are very excited to make this new workflow available and we cannot wait to hear your feedback.
13 REPLIES 13

KyleEricson
Valued Contributor

Great news!

Hire me as a independent contractor.

user-LPbnmornag
New Contributor

Awesome, really looking forward to this!

user-vMArwXaKZp
New Contributor II

Great ! Finally should i say 🙂  !! Will spare a lot of time !!

scottb
Honored Contributor

One can hope!  I'd love to see something done as well to beef up OS updates/upgrades.  This is so long overdue!

Thanks @jamf for working on this.  Looking forward to seeing it in action.

rstasel
Contributor III

No on-prem option? Really? death by a thousand cuts... 

user-eZxmRKlCMh
New Contributor II

Hey @JustinC,

is there any docu for beta customer on the usage?

Best Regards

Konstantin

Hi @user-eZxmRKlCMh 

There is a guide that is accessible to the private beta customers (it was published in the App Installers private beta forum). As App Installers moves to being more publicly accessible, there will be documentation available at that time.

KyleEricson
Valued Contributor

How can we signup for this beta? @JustinC 

dletkeman
New Contributor III

I'd be all over this beta but it sounds like we'll have to wait until early 2022 for a public beta.

Hey @JustinC,

I have the beta but I cant find this guide... I have access to this here: https://community.jamf.com/t5/jamf-pro-10-35-0-beta/gh-p/jamfpro10350

So where should I look :D?

Best

The private App Installers beta group was seperate to the standard Jamf Pro beta forum and the guide was published in the seperate forum. We are still making further changes to App Installers and hope to be able to open the feature up in a public beta in the near future.

dletkeman
New Contributor III

Can't wait for this.  I'd gobble it up if it were available.  Hungry and juicy.  This sure sounds like a AAA grade cutlet.  MMmmmm!

KyleEricson
Valued Contributor

Can we get a beta for this now? @JustinC