Any way to ignore empty fields from LDAP when populating computer User/Location info?

tindelli
New Contributor

We have a number of machines (iMacs) that periodically get changed to a new user (users are grad students and/or postdocs, so when they leave, the machine stays and will be used for the next person to sit there). When a new person takes over that machine, we go into the User and Location section of the computer record and update it. Our JSS is connected to LDAP, so I can enter the person's username in the field and click the Search button, which then populated the Full Name, E-mail Address, and other fields if they are present in LDAP.

The problem is we don't have Building/Room info in LDAP and the Departments don't always match 1:1 with what we're using in JSS. I left blank the mappings for Department, Building, and Room, but the lookup causes the computer record to set Department and Building to "None" and erases the Room number as well. Is there a way to tell it to leave existing values alone instead of setting them to nothing?

Sample lookup: https://vid.me/MD2n
LDAP settings: 4a073d2329274da3b697d382508e18ae

0 REPLIES 0