Apple Classroom

kmcgarvey
New Contributor

Last year we started using Classroom with our iPads and loved it! This year, 7aa7722b8ef64f47b6e2c69706b65de2
I am trying to set up Apple Classroom for our classes that have Macbooks. I created the class and added the teacher and student computers in JAMF. They aren't showing up in classroom on the teacher's laptop. I then tried to add them to my iPad to see if it would work on my iPad. The class and computers show up but I have no control, all the tools are greyed out. bluetooth is enabled, all the laptops are updated to Mojave. Any ideas on what I'm missing?

1 REPLY 1

larry_barrett
Valued Contributor

Hi. Mojave requires additional permissions:

e650529eb6e64f63a2fb7cdcf38669f2
01a1a8b0ecb94222815fc5663296205a

We don't setup classes for teachers ahead of time. They can just broadcast the class to the room (bluetooth must be on). The classroom icon will appear in System Preferences on the bottom row (slight delay, maybe 5 seconds). They will click on that, see the teacher and join the class with the 4 digit number the teacher provides (which changes each time so if some kid is missing, you'll get a new code the next day). The above setup assumes you don't want them to leave the class once enrolled and want to be able to control their screen etc.