Cisco Anyconnect with Umbrella with Jamf Cloud

Jared-Grosser
New Contributor II

I see a number of post on here with help about setting up AnyConnect with an On-Prem-Server. I am new to Jamf, and am using the cloud DP. I cannot for the life of me, figure out how to get Cisco AnyConnect with Umbrella to install via Jamf. I tried doing a snapshot and that did not work, but I don't know why. I have worked with Cisco and at this time, they do not know how to support Jamf Cloud. Their instructions, I don't know how to make that work for the cloud. These are the instructions they sent me: Mass-Deployment-Using-JAMF-Casper-Suite 

I need help, please and thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

stevewood
Honored Contributor II
Honored Contributor II

There really isn't much of a difference between Jamf Pro being on-premise and Jamf Pro being cloud hosted. The process is the same: upload the installer package for Umbrella, add the script to Jamf Pro, create a policy to install the Umbrella package and add the script to the policy as a "Before" script. That's pretty much what that article is saying. You should not need to create a snapshot, just upload the PKG file to Jamf Pro and deploy.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

stevewood
Honored Contributor II
Honored Contributor II

There really isn't much of a difference between Jamf Pro being on-premise and Jamf Pro being cloud hosted. The process is the same: upload the installer package for Umbrella, add the script to Jamf Pro, create a policy to install the Umbrella package and add the script to the policy as a "Before" script. That's pretty much what that article is saying. You should not need to create a snapshot, just upload the PKG file to Jamf Pro and deploy.

How do I find, or where do I find the OrgInfo.plist they are talking about?

stevewood
Honored Contributor II
Honored Contributor II

I'm not sure, but that would be info provided by your Cisco installation. They appear to be API information, so I'm guessing token, org, and user ID. Maybe something that is part of the Umbrella installer DMG? Maybe hidden on the DMG?

orginfo would be provided from Cisco. I'd work with your Cisco admin. They can grab it from the console.

stevewood
Honored Contributor II
Honored Contributor II

I located this Cisco documentation on how to customize Cisco AnyConnect and any of the options using a Choices.xml file for the PKG. 

If you're not familiar with using a Choices.xml file, you can read through this Jamf Nation post about installing components of AnyConnect 4.7. My post on that thread has a link to this blog post about using Choices.xml.

Basically, grab the AnyConnect PKG from the DMG file provided by your network team, drop it into a folder like /tmp, drop in the Choices.XML file right alongside the PKG file, and then create a package of that /tmp folder. Make sure to edit the Choices.xml to enable the AnyConnect pieces you want installed. Then when you deploy that package via Jamf Pro, only the modules you need are installed. You can add the script from that other Cisco article they sent you as a Before script.

There is also this Jamf Nation post that uses a scripted method along with the DMG and the Choices.xml file to uninstall before installing. Just double check all of the paths in that script because I noticed the DMG name was hard coded in the installation section. So you'd want to either use a variable or you'd have to edit that script for each new version.

SMR1
Contributor III

We use this to create our anyconnect pkgs. When you run the script you point it to the pkg and then you select what options you want to use and then upload to jamf and deploy pkg.  We also deploy a ISE pkg as well, but that's separate.

talkingmoose/Choices-Packager: Creates an Apple Installer package bundled with a Choices XML file (g...