DEPNotify on M1: Image command not working

dng2000
Contributor II

Has anyone ran DEPNotify on an M1 Mac and notice the Image command doesn't work? Just want to make sure it's not just me.

I also notice in https://gitlab.com/Mactroll/DEPNotify/-/blob/master/CHANGELOG.md that DEPNotify was updated recently but the compiled/notarized download either isn't available yet or hiding somewhere that I haven't found yet.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

dng2000
Contributor II

It took me a while to discover this "Easter egg" but my org's logo finally showed up in DEPNotify in Big Sur (even on v1.1.5) after I commented out the command for WindowTitle. It worked in SampleTest.sh and when I compared that with my script, that was it. Somehow the Image command is ignored in Big Sur (both Intel and M1) when WindowTitle is used.

/bin/echo "Command: Image: /private/tmp/ucsf_logo.png" >> /var/tmp/depnotify.log
/bin/echo "Command: WindowTitle: UCSF IT Field Services" >> /var/tmp/depnotify.log
/bin/echo "Command: MainTitle: Hostname: $(/usr/sbin/scutil --get ComputerName)" >> /var/tmp/depnotify.log
/bin/echo "Command: MainText: Please wait while we set up this Mac with standard UCSF software and security configuration. This may take up to 1 hour depending on network speed. This Mac will automatically reboot afterwards. Please do not interrupt this process until it's done." >> /var/tmp/depnotify.log

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

carlo_anselmi
Contributor III

@dng2000 I have found version 1.1.6 on Slack channel #DEPNotify

dng2000
Contributor II

@carlo.anselmi Thanks for your tip. I'll find that tomorrow when I'm back at work. Thanks again! :)

typeraj
New Contributor III

Did you have a look here, seems to be there now.

dng2000
Contributor II

@typeraj 1.1.6 in that GitHub page is just source codes. I found the PKG for 1.1.6 on the Slack channel #DEPNotify that Carlo mentioned and I tested that today. My problem is still the Image command still doesn't work and I have not learned Swift yet so that's why I didn't touch the codes although I could have replaced the default image with my organization's logo but that would be an entirely different story.

dng2000
Contributor II

It took me a while to discover this "Easter egg" but my org's logo finally showed up in DEPNotify in Big Sur (even on v1.1.5) after I commented out the command for WindowTitle. It worked in SampleTest.sh and when I compared that with my script, that was it. Somehow the Image command is ignored in Big Sur (both Intel and M1) when WindowTitle is used.

/bin/echo "Command: Image: /private/tmp/ucsf_logo.png" >> /var/tmp/depnotify.log
/bin/echo "Command: WindowTitle: UCSF IT Field Services" >> /var/tmp/depnotify.log
/bin/echo "Command: MainTitle: Hostname: $(/usr/sbin/scutil --get ComputerName)" >> /var/tmp/depnotify.log
/bin/echo "Command: MainText: Please wait while we set up this Mac with standard UCSF software and security configuration. This may take up to 1 hour depending on network speed. This Mac will automatically reboot afterwards. Please do not interrupt this process until it's done." >> /var/tmp/depnotify.log