Enhancements coming!

JeniA
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Jamf Nation!

We’re excited to announce new enhancements are coming to the community! We don’t want to spoil the surprise, so we’re not sharing details…yet. But we do need your help. If you could hold your thoughts and not post new comments, answers or feature requests from 11:30 a.m. CST on July 12 through 9:00 p.m. CST on July 13, we’d be especially grateful. This will help us ensure nothing is lost while we implement some notable changes.

Also, if you have content within the Jamf Pro Add-Ons space, we ask that you move anything you want to keep to another location (e.g., https://marketplace.jamf.com/, if your organization is in our Marketplace or on a personal GitHub page). Jamf Pro Add-Ons, and the content that lives within it, will no longer be available starting July 13. As a reminder, you can continue to access our Support team (https://account.jamf.com/support) through Jamf Account (https://account.jamf.com), should you have a question arise that can’t be addressed by the community during this time.

Thank you for your patience and pause on making Jamf Nation posts during this time so we can enhance your community experience. We’re so thankful for the opportunity to host the world’s largest community of Apple enthusiasts, and we look forward to supporting you as Jamf Nation continues to grow and help even more organizations succeed with Apple. 

Sincerely, the Jamf Community team

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jamf_sam

Hello Jamf Nation,

My name is Sam Weiss and I manage the Solution Partner Program at Jamf. My team is the primary point of contact for organization-building products with and around Jamf. We work with hundreds of companies that integrate with Jamf, create deployment guides or leverage other resources such as AppConfig and JSON Custom Schema.
There are some exciting changes coming for Jamf Nation that will make it easier than ever to get to the information that matters to you.

As we work to enhance the community, we made a few adjustments. For instance, Third-Party Products will shift out of Jamf Nation. That's why I encourage eligible developers to sign up for our Solution Partner Program and register for a Jamf Marketplace listing. Instructions on how to create a listing are on our new Developer Portal.

The Marketplace is home for any product that integrates with Jamf or that offers specific deployment advice or resources which help the Apple administrator community.

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to reach out to me or a moderator of Jamf Nation.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

jamf_sam

Hello Jamf Nation,

My name is Sam Weiss and I manage the Solution Partner Program at Jamf. My team is the primary point of contact for organization-building products with and around Jamf. We work with hundreds of companies that integrate with Jamf, create deployment guides or leverage other resources such as AppConfig and JSON Custom Schema.
There are some exciting changes coming for Jamf Nation that will make it easier than ever to get to the information that matters to you.

As we work to enhance the community, we made a few adjustments. For instance, Third-Party Products will shift out of Jamf Nation. That's why I encourage eligible developers to sign up for our Solution Partner Program and register for a Jamf Marketplace listing. Instructions on how to create a listing are on our new Developer Portal.

The Marketplace is home for any product that integrates with Jamf or that offers specific deployment advice or resources which help the Apple administrator community.

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to reach out to me or a moderator of Jamf Nation.

bpavlov
Honored Contributor

Rather than asking people to not post, wouldn't it make more sense to simply put Jamf Nation in read-only mode or take it down altogether so that users cannot post? Seems like it would prevent any loss of posts and feature requests. I do not think people are going to make calendar entries to remind themselves to not post. Maybe a banner or alert will help with that goal when you guys do the work but even then I think it probably makes sense to just prevent people from posting in the first place.

Either way I'm excited to see what's in store for the Jamf Nation site.

JeniA
Community Manager
Community Manager

We hear ya, @bpavlov! We worked with our development team to make this decision, and they believed asking for the pause was the best solution. We know it's not perfect, but we feel it will cause the least disruption to the community. And I'm also excited for you to see what's in store! :) Thanks for your involvement in the community!