Extension Attribute for ARD enabled?

Matt
Valued Contributor

I know for remotelogin you can use /usr/sbin/systemsetup but I didn't see one for remote management. I would love to have an extension attrib that shows if remote management is enabled.

--
Matt Lee, CCA/ACA/ACMT/ACPT/ACDT
Senior IT Analyst / Desktop Architecture Team / Apple S.M.E / JAMF Casper Administrator
Fox Networks Group

5 REPLIES 5

Not applicable

This works in 10.6 (should in 10.7 as well), but not 10.5

#!/bin/sh
echo "<result>cat /private/etc/RemoteManagement.launchd</result>"

the result should come back as "enabled" or nothing at all (ARD off)

Brendon Cunningham
Senior Technical Analyst
Desktop Engineering

508-390-5620
brendon_cunningham at tjx.com

Matt
Valued Contributor

Thanks great thanks!

If possible is there anyway to get a result on which users are enabled?

Not applicable

That I am not sure of. Not sure this helps but just throwing this out...

Create a new ARD package that specifies what account to use, then push that out to the machines via the JSS, this will ensure it is on and that specific account can be used to access your machines. This will not remove a second (or third, etc) from that list, but it will ensure you have one account that you know works.

Brendon Cunningham
Senior Technical Analyst
Desktop Engineering

508-390-5620

Matt
Valued Contributor

Currently my ARDenable script runs every 15. My goal would be to have the Extension Attribute and then a Smart Group for anyone out of compliance. Just thought this would be one less script running all the time.

Not applicable

If you don't have any 10.5 clients, you could at least scope a policy to run the script based on users that are not "enabled" in that extension attribute I sent earlier. This way it will only run the script on machines that need it.

Brendon Cunningham
Senior Technical Analyst
Desktop Engineering

508-390-5620