GSX CSR via JSS?

musat
Contributor III

Hello,

I just started re-establishing our connection to GSX using the updated Knowledge Base article, but apparently I have run into a problem. I generated the CSR in our JSS and sent it off to Apple to get the certificate back. Instead, I go an email stating: "Certificate request is INVALID! The following errors must be addressed before submitting:
Organization is required
Invalid signature algorithm detected. Signature algorithm must use SHA-2 (Note: SHA-1 and MD5 are too weak and not supported).”
So, is this a problem with something in our JSS? Any ideas what we need to update in our JSS to resolve these? We are currently running JSS 9.81.

Thanks, Tim

2 REPLIES 2

were_wulff
Valued Contributor II

Hi @musat ,

This is actually a known issue that we have filed under D-009604; we do have workaround steps to manually generate a CSR that will be accepted.

If you get in touch with your Technical Account Manager and reference D-009604, they will be able to get those steps e-mailed to you or, if you'd prefer, set up a time for a call or WebEx to go over it with you.
You can get in touch with your TAM either by giving Support a call, sending an e-mail to support@jamfsoftware.com, or by using the My Support section of JAMF Nation.

Thanks!
Amanda Wulff
JAMF Software Support

eagleone
New Contributor