Intune Vs. Jamf Pro for iOS

sheltonspencer
New Contributor

Can someone tell me what Jamf Pro can do that Intune cannot for iOS devices?

I am struggling to fin and documentation to support this online. thanks in advance for the support!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

dsavageED
Contributor III

I use Jamf for macOS and InTune for iOS, partly this is becaus iOS is relatively defined in how/what can be managed so most MDM services will have 95% of what you need for iOS, macOS is different. So if you just have a number of iOS devices to manage, InTune will work for you.

Note that in any case you want to setup ABM/ASM (Apple Biz/Sch Manager) so you can have an automated workflow to get the devices into management.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

dsavageED
Contributor III

I use Jamf for macOS and InTune for iOS, partly this is becaus iOS is relatively defined in how/what can be managed so most MDM services will have 95% of what you need for iOS, macOS is different. So if you just have a number of iOS devices to manage, InTune will work for you.

Note that in any case you want to setup ABM/ASM (Apple Biz/Sch Manager) so you can have an automated workflow to get the devices into management.

are there any specific items like PPPC policies or config profiles or things of that nature that Jamf can do and Intune cant?

Jamf is more flexible in terms of running scripts, installing packages and triggering policies on Macs, configuration profiles tend to be much the same across any MDM solution as they are based on an Apple spec.