iOS 9.3

jim_henry
New Contributor

We at JAMF Software are delighted to see Apple’s continued innovation in education technology with the preview of iOS 9.3 and new solutions for iPads in the classroom. As Dean shared during our JNUC keynote last October, Education is a top priority for JAMF and these new capabilities only reinforce our belief in teacher effectiveness and the transformation student learning. With that we couldn't be more excited to advance our education goals with Apple technology.

Sincerely,

Jim Henry
Product Manager, EDU
JAMF Software

11 REPLIES 11

CSNavigateurs
New Contributor III

Can you tell us what effect will IOS 9.3 will have on Casper Focus .... will Casper Suite permit a space allocation per user account and a max number of users per iPad. Will the quota per account be set and when quota is maxed out in what order will an OLD account be dropped .....

Thanks for any info
Daniel Potvin
CS Navigateurs

bpavlov
Honored Contributor

Hi @jim.henry ,

I understand that Apple has made a lot of new features available in the last year that are related to MDM. And to keep up JAMF has had to work extra hard in introducing these features (potentially halting/slowing work on other features requests). However, what about all the other non-MDM feature requests? It just feels like since 9.80 all the features implemented have MOSTLY been MDM related. But there's more to managing Apple devices than just MDM. Between now and sometime in June when Apple once again introduces new software, I'm sure 9.3 will come out and I'm sure that JAMF is already hard at work in getting support for it to supplement the new features Apple is introducing. And I'm sure by that time you will then start work on newer iOS / OS X releases if history repeats itself. It's never ending cycle. In keeping up with Apple, I'm sure it's a tough line to balance between supporting the new software and MDM specs and introducing new features that are not focused on either of those areas. I guess my point is please don't forget about all the other feature requests that are not MDM related.

jim_henry
New Contributor

Daniel,
At this time iOS 9.3 will not impact Casper Focus. Casper Focus will not utilize School Manager's new streamlined Apple ID's and proximity to manage classroom rosters and classroom activity. We will continue to utilize current JSS class configurations created by roster imports. For the immediate future nothing changes for Casper Focus.

Hope this helps.

Sincerely,

Jim Henry

jim_henry
New Contributor

@bpavlov

Thank you for your insight and understanding of development cycles! You are spot on with your synopsis of our relationship with Apple and our commitment to new iOS functionality. That being said, we are still very committed to other non-MDM features request! We have scaled our engineering teams to provide enhancements to OS X and iOS platforms. Our development teams continually work on feature request that are coming in from JAMF Nation and through other channels. We are committed to all of our customers and while that does in fact include our strategic partner, we strive to be the best overall Apple platform provider regardless of OS.

Sincerely,

Jim Henry

mhasman
Valued Contributor

I wonder JAMF can helps us to make with Casper all those education-oriented technologies be useful for enterprise market. Education is great and very-very important, be we all know who is primary payer

jim_henry
New Contributor

Mark,

I would be very interested in hearing what ideas you have regarding how we can transform what we are doing in Education into other markets! Let's brainstorm on what we can transition from Education over to the enterprise markets.

Sincerely,

Jim Henry

mm2270
Legendary Contributor III

Hi @jim.henry Although its not important to me, I know one feature request that's been asked in the past was making an "enterprise" version of Casper Focus, something that could perhaps be used in meetings to focus attendees into an application, like a presentation or something. Casper Focus is still very "focused" (no pun intended) on EDU, so its look and feel is not really appropriate for an enterprise setting.

rmoore
New Contributor

Hello. Are there any technical webinars or documents on how to setup the Apple Classroom App? Any documentations or tutorials on creating Apple ID's?

sswartz
New Contributor III

Does this help?
http://help.apple.com/education/

rmoore
New Contributor

Yes! This seems to be exactly what I was looking for. Thanks!

jim_henry
New Contributor

@mm2270

Mike,

You can also find "Using the Classroom App" at: http://www.jamfsoftware.com/resources/using-the-classroom-app-with-casper-suite/ listed at JAMF Software.com

Sincerely,

Jim Henry Product Manager - EDU
JAMF Software