Jamf Pro 11.9.0 Beta is now available!

ianhansen
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello Jamf Nation!

To ensure on-time release of Jamf Pro 11.9.0, which will support Apple’s operating system releases this fall, we’ve made the decision to move the Jamf Pro 11.8.0 release content to Jamf Pro 11.9.0. This means there will be no Jamf Pro 11.8.0 release and you can expect these improvements and fixes to be included in Jamf Pro 11.9.0. The Jamf Pro 11.9.0 Beta Release features the exciting improvements and enhancements for managing your Apple devices found in 11.8.0 and a few new ones. Starting with 11.9.0, Jamf Pro admins will be able to set a minimum OS for MacBooks, iPhones, and iPads through prestage enrollment. Apple Vision Pros can now be enrolled in Jamf Pro through Automated Device Enrollment. New Configuration Profile keys are introduced for MAC address randomization on macOS, Lockdown Mode, and more.

How to join the beta: Enroll in the Beta Program under Product Feedback at account.jamf.com. Once you enroll you'll receive an invitation to join the Beta Forum, click "Join this group Hub" to gain access. Email beta@jamf.com with questions.

The beta program is covered by the Jamf non-disclosure agreement; please do not share any information regarding your testing on any public forum, including the non-beta areas of Jamf Nation. Use the Jamf Nation Beta Forum or contact Jamf via beta@jamf.com with any questions. Thank you to all who participate in this program!

6 REPLIES 6

SirThomas
New Contributor

Do we have target release date for 11.9?

Thanks!

ianhansen
Community Manager
Community Manager

@SirThomas Thanks for your question. Unfortunately we can't share a specific target date. Keep an eye on Jamf Nation. 

@ianhansen Thanks for your response to SirThomas concern and the community.  However; can you safely identify if this will be released by no later than 2nd week of September 2024?. This is a major concern which my company and I have with Jamf Pro cloud instance and SMTP configuration as Google on September 30, 2024 will be pulling the plug on third-party apps that use ASP (Application Specific Passwords) to access Google Accounts of which is LESS secure and will NO LONGER be supported based on the below article which will break current SMTP configuration in Jamf Pro cloud instances that connect to Google Workspace (GSuite).

https://workspaceupdates.googleblog.com/2023/09/winding-down-google-sync-and-less-secure-apps-suppor...

Both the community and I will have a very difficult time to stand in front of our management and explain why an enterprise solution such as Jamf Pro instance in the cloud will have email connectivity broken should this feature NOT be delivered before the Google deadline that has been in place for a very long time.

cdenesha
Valued Contributor III

Hello @marauder ,

Let's put two pieces of info together.

1) "Jamf Pro 11.9.0... will support Apple’s operating system releases this fall". 

2) Jamf prides itself on Zero Day Support for new operating systems.

The 11.9 release notes specifically call out a fix for the Google LSA problem. I expect they'll update hosted instances next weekend 9/21, which gives us 9 days to test.. I have a reminder set for 9/23. :)

thanks,

chris

SlipStream
New Contributor III

It's frustrating that will now have to wait for v11.9.0 to be release to have the ability to enforce minimum version of OS upon enrollment. Was really keen to be getting v11.8.0, and now more delays to get the ability to use this feature that should have been part of Jamf Pro a long time ago.

Can we not at least get a rough date on when to expect v11.9.0?

holger_netterby
New Contributor III

We have to wait for 11.9 to get a fix for URL opening of jamfselfservice://content.... ?