Jamf School Self Service for iOS?

jzimmermanolt
New Contributor

Do I understand correctly that there seems to be no method currently for Jamf School to deploy apps to iOS devices for "On-Demand Installation"?

This is not spelled out in any of the Jamf School marketing materials or documentation. And because Jamf School blends its UI for both OSes, it seems to allow me to select "On-Demand Installation," when scoping apps to iOS devices or groups.

But Self Service for iOS appears to only support Jamf PRO, and is only documented in the Jamf PRO manual, not the Jamf School manual.

I am frustrated, not so much by the absence of this feature, but by the absence of any communication from Jamf or elsewhere on this subject. I have searched and searched. Can someone please spell this out? Is On-Demand install of apps on iOS supported in Jamf School or not?

3 REPLIES 3

mainelysteve
Valued Contributor II

@jzimmermanolt It absolutely does support on-demand apps. The equivalent apps you would use are: Jamf School Student & Jamf School Teacher. In both instances you would select My Resources and pick your on-demand apps from the list.

https://docs.jamf.com/jamf-school/deploy-guide-docs/Jamf_School_Apps.html

jzimmermanolt
New Contributor

Sorry to revive this, but I am just noticing now that there are no Jamf School Student or Jamf School Teacher apps in the iOS App Store. They are macOS only.

So what are the iOS equivalents?

EDIT Nevermind, I just now realized that the App Store uses the same listing for all versions of the app.

wswope
New Contributor II

JAMF Student & JAMF Teacher require a login. Is there an app like the JAMF Pro Self Service that just had a list of apps to choose from? No logins, just set up in JAMF Pro Devices/Apps the scope of the app, and the Self Service Catalog on the Mobile Device had a list of Apps to choose from.