Major problems creating Base image.

Not applicable

For the first time ever, I'm having major problems building my base image. The New Unibody MacBook5,1 and MacBookPro5,1 are giving me nothing but trouble.

Before these, my imaing process would consist of building my BaseOS image on the latest model MacBookPro. Up until recently this has been on a MacBookPro4,1, the last all-aluminum model. These images worked on every Mac that preceded them, including all PowerPC machines capable of running Leopard.

But my latest two images, built on a MacBookPro5,1 have cause nothing but problems. It's causing a random sleep issue on a MacBook5,1, and crazy errors on a MacBookPro3,1, and I haven't even begun to test it on PowerPC machines yet.

The only major thing I see different and plainly obvious between the two builds is the energy-saver prefPane is different, the one for the Unibody's with the coil-bulb icon and all the others with the lightbulb icon, even when updated to 10.5.6.

Is anyone else having similar issues with new Base images?

3 REPLIES 3

Not applicable

Thanks for asking the question. Getting ready to start the same project, and was wondering if
anybody had tried it yet, and how it was going. Have been wondering if this would be an issue..... Hope to dive in, and have something to report in the next few days.

Matt Corippo
Lindamood-Bell Learning Processes
I.T. Dept.

ernstcs
Contributor III

I just started to build mine this week, and noticed the same differences for energy save, including the icon. Haven't run it long enough on other hardware. Will keep you posted.

Craig Ernst
UW-Eau Claire
(715) 836-3639

Sent from my iPhone

Not applicable

Curious what you are using for media. Can I assume you are using installer
that came with the new hardware? If so, have tried using retail version to
see if it makes a difference? Just a thought.