Maps and Calendar Location not working

swish31
New Contributor

Hi Guys,

Been kind of confused as to why Maps and Calendar location would stop working the minute we install Casper quickadd to our laptops. Without Casper, Maps and Calendar works perfectly, but with it it just draws a blank page when Maps are opened. Any thoughts?

Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4

chad_fox
Contributor II

Do you have anything configured that blocks location services?

swish31
New Contributor

Hi there,

Nothing configured that will block the location services. Weird thing is, if I delete the plists, restart the machine while Casper is installed: Then open Maps, it works. But when I quit, then open Maps again then it stops working, iCal as well. Locations stops to work at this point even after deleting the plist (without restarting).

And of course our laptops that are clean with no Casper works just fine.

Thanks!

AVmcclint
Honored Contributor

The only time I've ever seen something like that was installing OSX into a virtual machine like in Parallels or VMware. There are a lot of things that don't work when virtualized like location services and even the account avatar icon. You didn't build the master image from a virtual machine, did you?

swish31
New Contributor

Thanks for the response AVmcclint.

No, these couple of laptops that I'm troubleshooting are straight out of the box (OS X 10.11.1) and installed only Casper.

Thanks!

UPDATE:
Removed Casper from one of the new laptops. Maps an iCal have been working consistently and no issues so far.