Mobile Device Name, iPads not renaming

tcarlson
New Contributor III

A few iPads that I have to rename are not taking. I'm running Jamf Pro 10.8. I can rename them "2018-iPad-XXXXX" , hit save, update inventory and when I go back it reverts back to the old "iPad" name.. Any info would be helpful . Thanks. Pics below13f875a8ea3a47a69dae965caf36d57a
ec38728fce374814be52fb0529480b54

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

cdenesha
Valued Contributor III

@tcarlson If the iPads have a configuration policy installed that prevents renaming, it stops this command from taking effect. You will need to remove that profile and rename again, then out the profile back. This is a weakness in Apple's MDM framework.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

cdenesha
Valued Contributor III

@tcarlson If the iPads have a configuration policy installed that prevents renaming, it stops this command from taking effect. You will need to remove that profile and rename again, then out the profile back. This is a weakness in Apple's MDM framework.

tcarlson
New Contributor III

Awesome, didnt think of looking there. Actually checking the box and redistributing the configuration back to the iPads worked.01034efbf2254928b4b3ec2ea2abe57a

mary_carver
New Contributor

This is a weakness. Couldn't get any answers from the folks here so, thanks! I tried it and it didn't take. Does it take a while?