Patch Management not showing most recent definitions for Loom

ahilla
New Contributor II

Version of Loom that I'm currently running on the machine that I use to create packages is on Version 0.171.0 while the most recent version listed in Patch Management is 0.170.4.  Not sure where JAMF is pulling the version numbers for Loom from but recently the information has been off with the versions that we're receiving.

3 REPLIES 3

JustinC
Contributor II
Contributor II

@ahilla I have just gone to https://www.loom.com/download and selected the Intel architecture download as that is the chipset of my machine. The version that was downloaded is 0.170.4 which is the version that is in Patch Management. I had a similar experience the last time that the Loom versioning was queried. What is the source that you are using to get access to 0.171.0?

ahilla
New Contributor II

Just having the app already downloaded and updating it from within the application.  We're using ARM (M1 & M2) architecture, not sure if that's the reason?  But the biggest issue is when users go to launch Loom it's stopping them if there's an update and requiring the update be ran before they can continue which requires admin credentials.  Keeping the app up to date via the Self Service Console via Patch Management essentially solves that issue.

@ahilla I have also downloaded the Apple Silicon version using the same download link which still downloads v0.170.4. Loom may be publishing a newer version via the auto update mechanism than what is available from the download link. If that is the case then it will be a problem to keep the accurate versioning information in Patch Management accurate as we can only query the versions from the publicly accessible information. As you are a Loom customer, it might pay to also contact their support resources to see if you can identify why the versioning that you see in app is different to their website.

loom downloads.png