Self SErvice Errors...

kerouak
Valued Contributor

Hi, We ugraded to 9.63.
Since then. policies fail to run..
Here's a snipit of the Log file:

25/03/2015 09:11:28.204 Self Service[2391]: [ERROR] -[InstallerQueueProcessBinder finishProcess] (line:190) --> Policy VMware VDI Client failed with: Error Domain=JAMFSoftware/SelfService Code=30 "The operation couldn’t be completed. (JAMFSoftware/SelfService error 30.)"

Any ideas anyone?

6 REPLIES 6

ryan_dean
New Contributor II

Just a couple of things i thought of to try,

1. Did you login to the JSS after upgrading to upgrade the database?
  2. Did you try reinstalling Self Service to the machine?
  3. Have you tried a newly enrolled machine?
  4. Have you tried creating a brand new policy instead of running policies carried over from the last version?

wdpickle
Contributor

We have seen some of our policies fail and after many hours of troubleshooting with no success we remade the policies and the new identical policy worked. May want to try and just make a new policy and see if that works.

djozkow
New Contributor

Hi Kerouak, did you fix it ?? Im having the same error and have no idea what is wrong with script, thanks in advance.

chuck3000
Contributor

Hey. Since my upgrade to 9.65 and now 9.72, I'm also seeing this error. What's strange is, the jamf.log doesn't show any sort of error. The Console log displays an error (here's one example trying to install Crestron's Air Media App and the associated install of SoundFlower. This install has worked flawlessly on dozens of machines for months and months, but once I upgraded the JSS, WAMMO!

"5/15/15 4:16:16.126 PM Self Service[2378]: [ERROR] -[InstallerQueueProcessBinder finishProcess] (line:190) --> Policy AirMedia App failed with: Error Domain=JAMFSoftware/SelfService Code=30 "The operation couldn’t be completed. (JAMFSoftware/SelfService error 30.)"

What's bizarre is that the actual install seems to complete successfully, and the software gets installed, but Self service displays an error (see below).

This also happens with User initiated enrollment using the web package that's built on the fly.

I've rebuilt the push, and have the same issue. This occurs for multiple packages, and seems that if I script all errors to 2>/dev/null the error goes away. But I have no idea why it's erroring in the first place!

This occurs on 10.9.x and 10.10.x machines (haven't tested on other OS's).

e054a74c256249c1867ee1aa3ce5152f
fd049e1a364345f5889c9a1c7b6d4b2d

johnnasset
Contributor

So you have a Quick Add package via Self Service? Doesn't the machine have to be in the JSS to get Self Service? That aside, I had funny errors like this in Self Service and just installing a Quick Add package when my JSS Tomcat certificate expired.

cwaldrip
Valued Contributor

No solution to this yet, huh? :(