Setting VNC Password and Enabling remove management

DSparrowhawk
New Contributor II

3fd8379474d0439fa7eae0aed6e55386
Hi All

I am looking to push out enabling remote management and setting a VNC password.

I have tried running the command bellow and i get a "Command not found" error.

I have attached a screenshot of my terminal window.

If anyone has any tips that would be great.

Thanks Dale

sudo /System/Library/CoreServices/RemoteManagement/ARDAgent.app/Contents/Resources/kickstart -activate -configure -access -on -restart -agent -privs -all -clientopts -setvncpw thisIS~[upload](4688e2d58a9f4940be0d5453e0f9fa0a)
4 REPLIES 4

sbirdsley
Contributor

This should enable Apple Remote Desktop

sudo /System/Library/CoreServices/RemoteManagement/ARDAgent.app/Contents/Resources/kickstart -activate -configure -allowAccessFor -allUsers -privs -all > /dev/null

Below is how we have setup to configure it and setup VNC password

sudo /System/Library/CoreServices/RemoteManagement/ARDAgent.app/Contents/Resources/kickstart -configure -clientopts -setreqperm -reqperm yes -setvnclegacy -vnclegacy yes -setvncpw -vncpw "password you want minus quotes" > /dev/null

DSparrowhawk
New Contributor II
This should enable Apple Remote Desktop sudo /System/Library/CoreServices/RemoteManagement/ARDAgent.app/Contents/Resources/kickstart -activate -configure -allowAccessFor -allUsers -privs -all > /dev/null Below is how we have setup to configure it and setup VNC password sudo /System/Library/CoreServices/RemoteManagement/ARDAgent.app/Contents/Resources/kickstart -configure -clientopts -setreqperm -reqperm yes -setvnclegacy -vnclegacy yes -setvncpw -vncpw "password you want minus quotes" > /dev/null

Hello I am still getting a command not found error when i run this in terminal, is there something i should do prior to running the command?

DSparrowhawk
New Contributor II

Does anyone have any suggestions for this

cbd4s
Contributor II

sudo /System/Library/CoreServices/RemoteManagement/ARDAgent.app/Contents/Resources/kickstart -configure -clientopts -setreqperm -reqperm yes -setvnclegacy -vnclegacy yes -setvncpw -vncpw "password you want minus quotes" does enable
Anyone may request permission to control screen
VNC viewers may control screen with password
And it seems to be setting the password.
Unfortunately I'm getting password incorrect issue. Tried with or without the quotes.