Setup a File Share DP and then it' gone

rmoses87
New Contributor

So.. I just installed Jamf 10.8 on Windows 2016 servers.

I have 1 server for mysql, 1 server for the JSS front end, and I am trying to put a share on the JSS front end server. I created the share, set permissions on it and mapped everything from a different computer to make sure the permissions were right.

From there, I go into the Jamf console and to settings and select File Share Distribution Points. I put in all the pertinent information and click save. From here I can see everything that is grayed out from saving the information. Then I click done and it goes back to File Share Distribtution Points in settings and its blank and says "No file share distribution points" ... when I just created it, saved it, and saw all the fields as gray. But, once I click "Done" it just disappears.

Has anyone seen anything like this?

Edit: They are all showing up in my database too... using "select * from distribution_points;"

1 REPLY 1

rmoses87
New Contributor

Alright.. Should have poked around a little more before I posted.

The SQL query had some NULL values for distribution_point_id 1 & 2. So I ended up removing everything from the distribution point table, restarted SQL and then created one. All is good now.