Skip Apple Setup Assistant in Mojave

dnelson2813
Contributor

We just got 20 new MacBook Pros for lab use. They are joined to our domain and students will be logging in with their domain accounts. I can't seem to get them to skip the Apple Setup when a user logs in. I have a configuration profile set up to run on our other lab computers with the "Disable Apple ID setup during login" and "Disable Siri setup during login." I'm also running this script:

63c6b2a89a8f43ec8d621118bf8a3a33

The setup is still showing up though. Has something changed in Mojave? We're currently using JAMF Pro 10.6 and will be upgrading next week.

5 REPLIES 5

adamcodega
Valued Contributor

Which screens are you still seeing when logging in?

dnelson2813
Contributor

Data & privacy, Touch ID, Fingerprint ID, Choose Your Look, and True Tone Display. Now that you've asked, most of these are all things that don't apply to the older MacBook Pros and iMacs we use this script on. Time to update that script. Thanks!

gmorgan
New Contributor III

c5834d4c0eef46a0a457bd9d57c8b9a6
Are you using PreStage Enrollments? That's how we skip the Setup Assistant stuff.

larry_barrett
Valued Contributor

I'd stop scripting the User Template bit of it. That's not going to work moving forward.

Here's a relevant Jamf thread about User Template

Another Thread

dnelson2813
Contributor

@gmorgan We're not using pre-stage enrollments for computers. I'm using a QuickAdd package with a script that runs on enrollment. We DEP our mobile devices but not computers.

@larry_barrett I'll take a look at this. Thanks. I wondered if things that I've been doing are sustainable and it looks like they might not be.

Editing the script that skips Apple's setup screen is working for now, but it's clearly not recommended for the future. I think we're going to need to move to DEPing our computers so we can use JAMF to suppress things like the setup assistant. This does affect how we configure docks in lab environments so I've switched to dockutil but my script isn't working. I'm going to read through some threads on that to help me solve it and maybe make a new one for advice.