sym link weirdness

tlarkin
Honored Contributor

Hello everyone,

Happy back to school for those that work in schools, and I mean that sarcastically :( I have this kind of weird intermittent issue. I am noticing a client every now and then will be showing the symbolic link directories in the finder. I see the the Unix directories that are sym links to /private. Now this is not on all clients just some...

If I look into chflags and I run the command ls -alO / it will show me the flags on each file, and some do not say hidden when they should say hidden. So then logically I think well an easy fix is to just fix the flags via sudo chflags -R -H /private/etc for example so it will follow the sym links.

Well, didn't work out exactly how I had planned. Any advice on getting those sym links out of the finder? Also, we just reimaged all machines and some of them are getting this, anyone else imaging them and seeing these results? I don't recall this being an issue with Casper and imaging last year at all.....

I am looking at the JAMF binary but I don't see anything that fixes the symbolic links...

thanks

Tom

0 REPLIES 0