Technicians not being prompted to assign user (Bug or Feature Request?)

ctocci
New Contributor III

We are using Jamf Pro with Okta SSO. When I setup my technicians to have enrollment only permissions, they go to manually enroll a device at xxx.jamfcloud/enroll, and the device automatically gets assigned to their user account; instead of prompting them to assign to a user. This seems like a bug to me, cause why would the technician want a bunch of Mac's auto assigned to their user account? I opened a ticket with Jamf Support, and they basically said this was expected behavior and that I should manually create technician accounts or create a shared enrollment account to get by this. Does that seem counterproductive? Anyone else experience this? Jamf - Is this something you can put in for a bug fix? I shouldn't have to manually create over 40 technician enrollment accounts, that is something we had Okta SSO security groups setup for. They should be allowed to assign the device during enrollment, instead of auto passing through their Okta username and auto assigning to them.

3 REPLIES 3

ctocci
New Contributor III

Submitted a feature request for this.

jtrant
Valued Contributor

Why not use a local user account only used for enrollment, that will not map to an AD/LDAP user?

ctocci
New Contributor III

@jtrant Just cause shared enrollment accounts, to me, are not the most secure. If one of our techs leave the company, it's just one more account we'd need to update and manage the pw on.