Trouble Downloading Mojave Installer

MNussbaum
New Contributor III

My trouble is two-fold. The first issue is that when attempting to download the Mojave installer (or Catalina or any other macOS installer), I end up getting a "network connection was lost" error.

optional image ALT text

This happens on any computer on our network. Maybe this could have to do with OS X Server previously having caching enabled? But it's been disabled for a while and this is still occurring. Hoping someone might have some insight into this.

The more pressing issue is finding an installer that will actually work so I can upload it through JAMF Admin and set it up in Self Service to begin rolling it out. Any installer we have been able to download gives us the application is damaged error.

optional image ALT text

If anyone can point me in the direction of a Mojave installer that I can download that will actually allow me to install it, I would be extremely grateful!

6 REPLIES 6

Sandy
Valued Contributor II

This might work: Has to be run from a Catalina machine and can specifiy what installer you want.
Not sure why it's upside down !!

1612435a70694d6d8648dbb5f2d5d1b0

Sandy
Valued Contributor II

We started getting that damaged file error when Apple expired the certs on all previously downloaded installers

Sandy
Valued Contributor II

% softwareupdate --fetch-full-installer --full-installer-version 10.14.6

Steven5342
New Contributor III

I used a bookmark through self service with this link to the Mojave installer.

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/macos-mojave/id1398502828?mt=12

MNussbaum
New Contributor III

Sandy -- Thank you! I remembered them mentioning that at JNUC but didn't capture the command. I will definitely try that from a Catalina machine and see if it gets around whatever is blocking the downloads on our network.

Steven5342 -- I've actually been trying to download it from that very link, but for whatever reason it times out after downloading about 1 GB of the file from any machine on our network.

atomczynski
Valued Contributor

Once you have it downloaded try this:

1. Go to your applications folder.
  2. Find the installer for macOS Mojave.
  3. Right click on the installer and click "Show Package Contents".
  4. Click on folder named "Contents".
  5. Click on the folder named "SharedSupport".
  6. Delete the file named "InstallInfo.plist".
  7. Enter your administer password to confirm.
  8. Now open the installer.