Troubleshooting Self Service issue

roiegat
Contributor III

I'm having some issue with Self Service in 9.82 that I'm trying to resolve and I'm looking for help in how to troubleshoot the issue.

I'm trying to create a thin build to install over an OS as opposed to using netboot and capser imaging. I have all the packages and script in a policy. My though would be to have the user get thier machine, enroll in Casper, then use Self Service to install overlay.

Everything begins fine and the packages get installed....but after the last package is successfully installed Self Service gets an error "Cannot Install Item....There was a problem installing <policy name here>. Contact your administrator". I've tried modifying which package goes at the end and it's the same error each time. I also tried using Casper Imaging as well, and it still crashes after installing the packages.

I looked at the jamf.log file on the computer and all it shows is that the last package succesfully installed. No error shows why Self Service got that error. So is there any other place I can look to try to resolve the issue?

All other Self Service policies work fine. No issues. Only this policy.

2 REPLIES 2

Look
Valued Contributor III

It's possible it is failing on an earlier package and then continueing with the rest before displaying an error message at the end. That is certainly how none self service policies seem to operate.

roiegat
Contributor III

Makes sense....I suspect one package that might be causing the issue. Will try removing it to see if it works.....otherwise, it'll be a lot of testing.