Uninstall Connect Control Client for Mac

bwoods
Valued Contributor

Looking through the documentation, I couldn't find a way to easily remove the ConnectWise Control Client. Created the script below to help anyone who uses the app. Please add your control client's unique id where the "x's" are. 

#!/bin/bash

# Brandon Woods
# August 2021
# This script uninstalls the Connectwise/Screen Connect client. No reboot required.

# Unload Connectwise LaunchAgents

sudo launchctl unload /Library/LaunchAgents/connectwisecontrol-xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx-onlogin.plist
sudo launchctl unload /Library/LaunchAgents/connectwisecontrol-xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx-prelogin.plist

# Remove Connectwise LauchAgents

sudo rm -v /Library/LaunchAgents/connectwisecontrol-xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx-onlogin.plist
sudo rm -v /Library/LaunchAgents/connectwisecontrol-xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx-prelogin.plist

# Quit Connectwise Application

sudo killall ScreenConnect Client 

# Remove Connectwise Application

sudo rm -rv /opt/connectwisecontrol-xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.app

# Check for remanants of Connectwise LaunchAgents

sudo ls -la /Library/LaunchAgents/screenconnect-*

exit 0
exit 1 

5 REPLIES 5

user-kMDjUsheqD
New Contributor

Looks good. Going to try it out. Do you know which plist is the one that opens to allow screen recording? We have a configuration profile that allows that and only want the user to enable it when we remote in but sometime even after remoting in it still continues to open even after approving. So I rather just remove it so it no longer prompts user to approve it.

bwoods
Valued Contributor

@user-kMDjUsheqD  I'm seeing the same thing on my side, which is why I haven't deployed it yet. I can't find any information about what control that prompt. I'll keep looking though.

JeffBugbee
New Contributor III

Thanks Brandon! This worked great.

cemguy
New Contributor

@bwoods Thanks for this post, super helpful. I adjusted your script and was able to not have any issues with any other processes, popups, etc with our version of the software. 

#!/bin/bash

#Note I also added a kill process in the Files and processes search for process - ScreenConnect - Check Box Kill process IF found. 

# Brandon Woods

# August 2021

# Modifedy for xxx 12 20 2023 | 8:30 AM CST

# This script uninstalls the Connectwise/Screen Connect client. No reboot required.

## Modified Ref -  link https://community.jamf.com/t5/jamf-pro/uninstall-connect-control-client-for-mac/m-p/245402

# Quit Connectwise Application

sudo killall ScreenConnect Client 

# Unload Connectwise LaunchAgents

sudo launchctl unload /Library/LaunchAgents/screenconnect-xxxx-onlogin.plist

sudo launchctl unload /Library/LaunchAgents/screenconnect-xxxx-prelogin.plist

# Remove Connectwise LauchAgents

sudo rm -r /Library/LaunchAgents/connectwisecontrol-xxxx-onlogin.plist

sudo rm -r /Library/LaunchAgents/connectwisecontrol-xxxx-prelogin.plist

# Remove Connectwise Application

sudo rm -rv /opt/connectwisecontrol-xxxx.app

# Check for remanants of Connectwise LaunchAgents

#sudo ls -la /Library/LaunchAgents/screenconnect-*

# Delete Screenconnect Client files

rm -rv /opt/screenconnect-xxx.app ninstall

exit 0

exit 1 

cemguy
New Contributor

To Note - Above Line # Remove Connectwise application.

Need to add - sudo rm -r /Library/LaunchDaemons/connectwisecontrol-xxx.plist