PCalomeni

Starting in late August, a new version of JCDS will be released. To minimize potential disruption, you may need to make changes to your network configurations or third-party tools and plug-ins.

For information about new domains, see the “Outbound Traffic from the Jamf Cloud Distribution Point“ section of Permitting Inbound/Outbound Traffic with Jamf Cloud. The new version of JCDS will include performance enhancements and stability improvements. Additional details and will be published in the Jamf Cloud Distribution Service (JCDS) Release Notes in the future.

Comments
user-dIrrpGXxza
Contributor

Not to be picky, but the entire article is based on that customers build an IP address white list in their firewalls. With JCDS, it seems like it will utilize the cloudfront CDN. This means that there's no way to predict or list all IP addresses, and that's why you specify a DNS whitelist instead.For consistency, it might be worth considering to abandon the IP list altogether and instead only go for DNS names. Perhaps this can be clarified in the article.

LOTO
New Contributor II

It's not very clear, but I think this points to the sub-section labeled “Outbound Traffic from the Jamf Cloud Distribution Point“, which only contains domain names.

mm2270
Legendary Contributor III

Hi @PCalomeni. Not to be a noodge, but this page, https://learn.jamf.com/bundle/jamf-cloud-distribution-service-release-notes/page/Release_History.htm... has not been updated yet, past what was posted back in August, saying that "beginning on August 21, 2023, Jamf will be taking steps to enable JCDS 2.0.0." Maybe someone can update this page now, since I assume that the upgrades took place already?

martin_barnard
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Hello @mm2270 , Due to a potential issue that may lead to degradation of the server performance, the JCDS 2.0 upgrade has currently been paused. Out of an abundance of caution, the team has decided to pause the rollout of JCDS 2.0 until we can appropriately investigate and determine the impact. Thank you for your continued support and trust in Jamf. We are dedicated to providing you with the best experience with JCDS 2.0 and will be communicating an updated rollout schedule soon. 

mm2270

Hi @martin_barnard Thanks for that interesting information. Can I please ask for some more detail about what's going on? Your wording seems to indicate that some JCDS' were upgraded and some were not while you work on fixing this issue? I ask this because since around the end of August, we've been seeing more errors related to cloud distribution service downloads on our Macs. It's not consistent though, so we're trying to figure out if we need to pursue this from our side, or is this something that is purely a Jamf issue to fix?

martin_barnard
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Hello @mm2270, At this point in time JCDS 2.0 has been enabled on non-premium sandbox instances and a a few other instances with selected customers who have been communicated with. If you are experiencing issues with your existing JCDS workflows, I would recommend that you reach out to Jamf support to start a case to be investigated. 

mm2270

@martin_barnardThanks for that additional information. I have (had) a ticket open with Jamf support, but before I revive it, I wanted to be sure we weren't going down the wrong path and wasting our time or supports. Since we're a premium cloud customer plus the fact we are seeing this issue in production and not in a sandbox env, I can then assume that the enablement of JCDS 2.0 has nothing to do with the issue we're experiencing. I'll reopen the case with Jamf support to see how they can help diagnose what's going on. I suspect it to be an internal routing issue, but we'll see.

user-MygFNHEclO
New Contributor III

Hi @martin_barnard, what is the latest update on JCDS 2.0 please?

martin_barnard
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Hello @user-MygFNHEclO, the team is resuming the enablement in the US region in the next couple of weeks. We currently anticipate that we will complete the enablement for all US region standard hosting customers before the end of November. We will be sending out additional communication regarding any downtime in advance of the enablement. We appreciate the patience as we work to ensure this is a seamless transition to JCDS 2.0.

Version history
Last update:
‎08-08-2023 05:46 AM
Updated by:
Contributors