Knowledge Base Articles

CalleyO
Contributor III

As part of the transition to this new Jamf Nation, we’ve taken the opportunity to move technical articles (previously known as Knowledge Base articles) to the following locations:

This shift is consistent with the other product documentation that Jamf publishes, and provides the following benefits:

• Improved information experience and content usability

• New left sidebar navigation with categories

• Formatting and layout that is more readable and scannable

• Cleanup: All of the articles have been evaluated for relevancy, with outdated and obsolete content removed, and some content integrated into primary product documentation (e.g., the Jamf Pro Administrator's Guide)

• Elimination of mixed language content in searches; localized content is now in its own "container"

• Searched words are highlighted in search result topics

5 REPLIES 5

bpavlov
Honored Contributor

Did the comments under some of those articles also make it over? Some of the comments were super helpful sometimes in clarifying issues people would run into because documentation either wasn't clear or the problems were related to third party changes.

CalleyO
Contributor III

Thank you for reaching out, @bpavlov ! While the comments weren’t migrated, our Tech Comm team made an effort to incorporate your feedback into the articles. In a future iteration, they will implement a feedback and comment widget consistently across all of our product documentation. In the meantime, if you’d like to chat about a particular technical article or topic with other community members, please start a discussion. If you have feedback you’d like to share with us, email success@jamf.com.

bpavlov
Honored Contributor

Thanks for that. Glad to hear that this feature is coming back. The one that comes to mind at the moment is the GSX integration article which I remember having really useful commentary from admins that went through a lot of headaches with how they had to contact Apple. But I'll just go through the new documentation and reach out if I run into issues.

ExpertBoy
New Contributor

Some of the comments were super helpful sometimes in clarifying issues people would run into because documentation either wasn't clear or the problems were related to third party changes. dgcustomerfirst

Samstar777
Contributor II

Wow, that's an tremendous job, now I know 1 place to go and check all technical articles 👍