Office Application password sync with JAMF connect?

MattStallings
New Contributor

I'm wondering if there's a way to sync your JAMF Connect (in our case Azure AD) login information to Office products or other applications to simplify first time login and enrollment (rather than having to enter your password a ton of times)

Thank you!

3 REPLIES 3

Tribruin
Valued Contributor II

Short answer is no. 

Longer answer, is you could assign the user to Office based on the UPN of the logged in user in Jamf Connect. It take some work with a scripted EA (to get the UPN of the logged in User), a smart group, and a Config Profile which assigns the a user account to Office. 

However, the user would still need to enter their password. 

gabester
Contributor III

@Tribruin Hm... could you have a login script executed by Jamf Connect that, like your EA script, captures the UPN, generates and applies a config profile on the fly, and can capture/supply the user's password (since that was already available when the user just logged in... I think Jamf Connect captures that password natively for purposes of enabling FileVault for the logging-in user, and there might be some way to apply it to other things...) 

I've wanted workflows like this to log into email apps, web browsers, collaboration apps... but have had higher order issues to contend with before figuring out whether this is a hopeless automation quest or an actual, possible simplification of user login requirements across multiple apps where "local" credentials are used on local binaries that connect to cloud-based platforms (as opposed to, say, launching the same from an Okta app window in your favorite browser launched by Jamf Connect.)

AntonyaJ
New Contributor III

While I don't have an answer for your specific question, we are deploying Office as a package rather than individual apps through the app store specifically so we don't have to login to a bunch of apps during initial setup. Except for Teams, we will only be prompted to login to Office on the first Office app that's opened.