Policy Banner Pre filevault login

aburrow007
New Contributor II

We've been using the Apple solution - How to set up policy banners in macOS – Apple Support (AU)

To apply a policy banner at login since we started using Jamf Pro.

Recently we implemented Jamf Connect which as you know uses the policy banner.

What I'm seeing though is the policy banner is appearing before filevault login (which everything I've read says shouldn't happen).  It then appears as it should in Jamf Connect.

It's only happening on Apple Silicon and only since Jamf Connect (I'm sure it's a coincidence), but wanted to see if anyone else is having/seeing the same issue?

5 REPLIES 5

DBrowning
Valued Contributor II

Been seeing this ever since Apple Silicon.  I opened a bug with Apple but nothing has come of it.

DBrowning,

Thanks, as it doesn't look like it's going to be resolved anytime soon, I'll reconfigure Jamf Connect so that it doesn't use the Policy Banner but points to another location and remove the Policy Banner

jezza
New Contributor III

Plus one for this issue, I will be raising it with Apple shortly

jezza
New Contributor III

@aburrow007 may I ask why you chose to remove the policy banner?

aburrow007
New Contributor II

jezza,

JamfConnect by default uses the same file "/Library/Security/PolicyBanner.*"

As users have started to see it prior to filevault login (which shouldn't happen) and then again as part of the JamfConnect login flow it was a nuisance.  I moved the file to another location so that it wasn't appearing at filevault stage and updated the configuration profile for JamfConnect to point at the new file location.  It now only appears as part of the JamfConnect login flow.