Audit logs on every computer display constant 'Viewed FileVault Encryption Key' for months

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello all! For many months now, the audit log for EVERY one of the computers on my instance show 'Viewed FileVault Encryption Key' with my username. I am somewhat new to JAMF but a moderate technologist generally and have recently taken over the System Admin role at my company under a lesser title. I have very rarely viewed any of these logs and it would be arduous for a human to view them as often as the logs display. To me, this log raises brows and I have reported it to my administration counter part who has a very high level title but the response is its probably just me and are not concerned at all (no reason for this, no background to share). I am planning on setting up monitoring on the instance's server with wireshark but I also plan to build a three story tree house and thought it might be a better idea to reach out here in the meantime ; -) The server instance has gone through at least three version upgrades in the last few months led by my administration counter part and unrelated to this symptom as far as I know so far. I had hoped the erroneous logs would stop but they have not. I was unable to find anything of value online concerning this symptom. Has anyone ever heard of this happening? Can you all check a few computers audit logs for frequent 'Viewed FileVault Encryption Key' logs by yourself and share your findings? Is this log somehow tied into the top level page for a computers basic information? These are the only things that would make sense to me other than bad news. Thanks!

Viewing File Vault Encryption Key.png

1 REPLY 1

jhalvorson
Valued Contributor

Do you have a saved "Advanced Computer Search" that includes the option to display  Storage >> FileVault 2 Personal Recovery Key?