JAMF SMTP Woes

FueledbyCoffee
New Contributor II

Hi JAMF Nation,

Did anybody here find a fix for the Microsoft 365 problem with JAMF? I tried all the possible combinations, but without turning off security defaults, it just does not work well. How did you guys go about it?

I also tried using AWS SES but to no avail, practically a wall at this point. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

scottlep
Contributor II

Same issues. Have not found around security controls for M365. We used to use Gmail, but now you can only do Gmail SMTP with paid G Suite accounts. A while back Jamf hinted at providing us SMTP services, but I have not heard anything about that for a while.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

scottlep
Contributor II

Same issues. Have not found around security controls for M365. We used to use Gmail, but now you can only do Gmail SMTP with paid G Suite accounts. A while back Jamf hinted at providing us SMTP services, but I have not heard anything about that for a while.

scottb
Honored Contributor

Yeah, another one that seems to have died in the waiting room.

Wish for this as well, and I could never get any cooperation on the EXCH side to see if we could config an account to match MS' new requirements.

Sad.

McAwesome
Valued Contributor

When I reached out to support, they directed me to this App Password instruction set as a workaround for now.

https://hcsonline.com/images/PDFs/App_Password_Jamf.pdf

The joys of bureaucracy is that I have to run it by IT for several other campuses before we can even test if that workaround would work....around this issue for us.

scottb
Honored Contributor

Yeah, saw that from another thread.  Like you, I'd never have to energy to try and get this OK'd and implemented.

Seems like such a basic functionality that Jamf would prioritize doing better here.

I miss my Jamf emails.