[10.11] AutoUpdateMagic completely stops if no one is logged in for an hour

McAwesome
Valued Contributor

I've spent the last week testing AutoUpdateMagic for use in our computer labs. It works really well assuming someone is logged into the machines 24/7. If no one is logged in when a scheduled run happens, it will only run once and then stop completely until the next reboot. For example, this morning at 8:30a.m. I started this while logged in. It worked perfectly up to 11a.m. At that point, I decided to log out and see if it kept working. It ran at 11:30 as expected, but has skipped the 12:30 and 13:30 runs it should have made. On other test runs that fell into the same fault, logging in would not get it back on track. It would stop running until a full reboot happened.

I've left everything set to the defaults in Exercise 5C though I have added more programs intothe auto_update_magic.sh script. So this should run perfectly every 3,600 seconds(1 hour) regardless of anything I do.

The test machine I'm using it on is freshly imaged to 10.11.4 and set to never go to sleep. This rules out conflicting software and the run being skipped due to powersave settings.

Does anyone have any ideas as to what would be causing this behavior? It should from what I understand run regardless of users, yet a lack of one breaks the recurring nature that the whole thing is based on.

0 REPLIES 0