10.8.3 and McAfee ePO

franton
Valued Contributor III

Anyone else having issues with 10.8.3 and McAfee?

Our 10.8.3 clients now only receive the McAfee cma agent binary but fail to install the Security Suite. We don't have gatekeeper active so I don't think it's a certificate issue.

9 REPLIES 9

nkalister
Valued Contributor

our 10.8.3 clients are installing and communicating with our ePO ok, but we do not rely on the ePO to push out the software- we install the agent and the GUI at image time. Since the GUI package generated by the ePO installs ok when run by casper imaging, I would bet the problem is with the ePO push rather than the installer itself. I'd contact McAfee support.

franton
Valued Contributor III

We're using the McAfee installer.sh file as per the jamfnation article. It's certainly getting the agent but not much else. My boss is going to be happy tomorrow morning! (He's the only one who knows how to work ePO).

trocque
New Contributor

Have you seen this yet (https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB77390)? We also ran into problems installing the McAfee Security but updated our installers and our problem went away.

nkalister
Valued Contributor

the installer.sh file only installs the agent, the GUI is a separate installer.
You are running the pkg for the GUI in addition to the install.sh for the agent, right?
Also, trocque brings up a good point- if you've got the old installer version, then the expired cert could be causing this, too.

franton
Valued Contributor III

We're not using Gatekeeper. Can the certs still be an issue in that event?

franton
Valued Contributor III

It's certainly is an ePO issue as our previously working 10.8.2 now suddenly isn't deploying.

Since i'm not the ePO admin, but I do have access are there any guides/pointers you can show me on how to configure it?

franton
Valued Contributor III

dupe post. deleted.

franton
Valued Contributor III

*deleted* (how the hell did this post three times?)

franton
Valued Contributor III

Does disabling the smb share /Software$ make a lot of difference?

I ask because i've just had it re-enabled and i'm able to deploy again. Hrm.