10.9.2 Update - Not Detected/Installing

jyauch
New Contributor III

Is anyone else having a problem with the 10.9.2 update not being detected and installed?

I have checked the URL of the NetBoot/NetSUS server and everything is good. The update is enabled and I can confirm in the XML that both 10.9.2 updates are visible, but none of my clients are detecting it. These same clients are detecting other updates without issues and installing, so I am not entirely sure what the problem is.

The URL that my clients are checking is: (%server% is listed in place of my actual server name)
http://%server%/content/catalogs/others/index-10.9-mountainlion-lion-snowleopard-leopard.merged-1_Testing.sucatalog

6 REPLIES 6

nessts
Valued Contributor II

did you install one of the MBPr specialized builds onto hardware other than they were originally intended?

jyauch
New Contributor III

I'm still a greenhorn when it comes to working on Mac systems, so please be patient with me.

The 10.9.1 OS load was downloaded from Apple's site and packaged and configured by our 3rd party vendor. The build number is 13B42.

If I go into system report and look at the installations, I have 3 OS X Entries. I show the original OS X install of 10.9 (13A603), followed by two OS X Update entries. One states 10.9.1 without a build number and the last entry does not contain anything in the version column.

nessts
Valued Contributor II

so if you download the combo update manually and try to install it what happens?

Not applicable

Also, what happens if you run softwareupdate -l, then run jamf removeSWUSettings, then try softwareupdate -l again - do you see different updates available?

jyauch
New Contributor III

@nessts - I downloaded the update from support.apple.com/kb/DL1725 and was able to install successfully. Build number is now 13C64.

@pete_c - The results of this did not change. No updates detected.

Additionally, I was informed to option open the App Store to see if any new results would appear and still nothing is found.

jyauch
New Contributor III

Update - Apparently this is only effecting my test systems that I abuse frequently with application testing. Another device in my testing group on the NetSUS ran the update successfully and after re-imaging my failing systems, they pick up the update without issue.

I also temporarily moved a production system to the test group and it applied successfully as well.

Unfortunately the root cause has not been determined, but I'm glad I don't have a large scale issue occurring.