80% of iPads were kicked off the WiFi

wswope
New Contributor II

Has anyone else seen this? We have seven buildings with three grades using iPads, and around two classes per grade per building. 28 iPads per class means we had to touch a lot of devices. About 1000 iPads. 

We have a Configuration that includes the SSID and password, so what happened? It only happened to the iPads that have a more restrictive Configuration Profile. 

Has anyone else had a similar experience?

Bill

4 REPLIES 4

Nicholaus
Contributor

In the more restrictive profile, do you have anything set to restrict the Wi-Fi networks that the devices can connect to? If you do, you need to have the Wi-Fi payload configured in that same restrictive config profile or else it will cause problems.

Nicholaus
Contributor

Sorry, it's not letting me edit my last comment to include this. This is the setting I'm asking about: "Connection to unmanaged Wi-Fi networks" under Restrictions > Functionality.

wswope
New Contributor II

The Profile Restrictions/Functionality/Connections to unmanagedWi0-Fi Networks is set to Allowed

wifichallenges
Contributor

Looks like we are seeing the same thing. Just posting incase there are updates at all. We will likely call jamf about it, hopefully its a known issue. About a month ago we did a wireless change, so i was fearing that was it. But if someone else has the problem, and seeing as how the new jamf update didnt go so well, well maybe its not my problem :P

Does not seem to affect all ipads, but a few clusters of them for sure.