Acknowledged Status on Jamf Connect deployment?

TiimK
New Contributor

Working on deploying and updating Jamf Connect in our environment.

Found out in Jamf Pro I could deploy Jamf Connect and updates in the Jamf Application settings based off my configuration profile. I configured for "Automatically Deploy and Update Jamf Connect" set it to version 2.13.0, and update type set to Maintenance.

It successfully deployed to a computer with an extremely old version however on the reset of the test devices that are running 2.1.3 up to 2.12.0 are listed as "Acknowledged" with no logs like I'd normally see. I can't find anything on what this Acknowledged status means.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

aram_manouk
New Contributor II

Here is what Jamf Support told me about what "Acknowledged" means:

"The acknowledged status that is being shown is more or less saying "I acknowledged that you asked me to do this." -- It's not saying that it's performed it successfully. Think of it in terms of:

1. A command is queued.

2. The command is pushed and received by the client telling it to do something.

3. command is acknowledged.

4. The device does what it was told to do. - This may succeed or fail but we don't receive a live update. Whether or not it worked wouldn't be known until the next inventory update related to the desired action."

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

aram_manouk
New Contributor II

Did you ever find out what Acknowledged means?

aram_manouk
New Contributor II

Here is what Jamf Support told me about what "Acknowledged" means:

"The acknowledged status that is being shown is more or less saying "I acknowledged that you asked me to do this." -- It's not saying that it's performed it successfully. Think of it in terms of:

1. A command is queued.

2. The command is pushed and received by the client telling it to do something.

3. command is acknowledged.

4. The device does what it was told to do. - This may succeed or fail but we don't receive a live update. Whether or not it worked wouldn't be known until the next inventory update related to the desired action."