AD Binding script with optional parameters

jwojda
Valued Contributor II

I'm trying to modify this script so that I don't have to hard code the values in it, and instead utilize the optional script parameters $4-whatever. I've looked at some of my other scripts that utilize this method and tried to import into this, ut it doesn't seem to work the same. Can someone take a look and help me figure out where I'm going wrong?

I get script exit code 2, and unexpected EOF at line #94

#!/bin/sh

############################ AD_Bind_ARD ###########################
# Patrick Gallagher | patgmac@gmail.com
# http://macadmincorner.com
# This is a script that will bind a Mac to AD from ARD.
# Modified from Mike Bombich's ad-bind-login-tiger.sh script
# which can be found at http://www.bombich.com/mactips/scripts.html
# Needs to be modified for your enviornment
####################################################################

computerid=`/usr/sbin/scutil --get LocalHostName`

# Standard parameters
domain=""         # fully qualified DNS name of Active Directory Domain
udn=""            # username of a privileged network user
password=""                   # password of a privileged network user
ou=""     # Distinguished name of container for the computer

#################### domain ####################
if [ -n "$4" ]; then
    domain=$4
fi
#################### udn ####################
if [ -n "$5" ]; then
    udn=$5
fi
#################### password ####################
if [ -n "$6" ]; then
    password=$6
#################### ou ####################
if [ -n "$7" ]; then
    ou=$7

# Advanced options
alldomains="enable"           # 'enable' or 'disable' automatic multi-domain authentication
localhome="enable"            # 'enable' or 'disable' force home directory to local drive
protocol="smb"                # 'afp' or 'smb' change how home is mounted from server
mobile="enable"           # 'enable' or 'disable' mobile account support for offline logon
mobileconfirm="disable"       # 'enable' or 'disable' warn the user that a mobile acct will be created
useuncpath="enable"           # 'enable' or 'disable' use AD SMBHome attribute to determine the home dir
user_shell="/bin/bash"        # e.g., /bin/bash or "none"
preferred="-preferred <redacted>"   # Use the specified server for all Directory lookups and authentication
                            # (e.g. "-nopreferred" or "-preferred ad.server.edu")
admingroups="<re dacted>,<redacted>"  # These comma-separated AD groups may administer the machine (e.g. "" or "APPLEmac admins")

# Login hook setting -- specify the path to a login hook that you want to run instead of this script

### End of configuration

# Activate the AD plugin
defaults write /Library/Preferences/DirectoryService/DirectoryService "Active Directory" "Active"
plutil -convert xml1 /Library/Preferences/DirectoryService/DirectoryService.plist
sleep 5

# Bind to AD
dsconfigad -f -a $computerid -domain $domain -u $udn -p "$password" -ou "$ou"

# Configure advanced AD plugin options
if [ "$admingroups" = "" ]; then
    dsconfigad -nogroups
else
    dsconfigad -groups "$admingroups"
fi

dsconfigad -alldomains $alldomains -localhome $localhome -protocol $protocol 
    -mobile $mobile -mobileconfirm $mobileconfirm -useuncpath $useuncpath 
    -shell $user_shell $preferred

# Restart DirectoryService (necessary to reload AD plugin activation settings)
killall DirectoryService

# Add the AD node to the search path
if [ "$alldomains" = "enable" ]; then
    csp="/Active Directory/All Domains"
else
    csp="/Active Directory/$domain"
fi

#dscl /Search -create / SearchPolicy CSPSearchPath
#dscl /Search -append / CSPSearchPath "/Active Directory/All Domains"
#dscl /Search/Contacts -create / SearchPolicy CSPSearchPath
#dscl /Search/Contacts -append / CSPSearchPath "/Active Directory/All Domains"

# This works in a pinch if the above code does not
defaults write /Library/Preferences/DirectoryService/SearchNodeConfig "Search Node Custom Path Array" -array "/Active Directory/All Domains"
defaults write /Library/Preferences/DirectoryService/SearchNodeConfig "Search Policy" -int 3
defaults write /Library/Preferences/DirectoryService/ContactsNodeConfig "Search Node Custom Path Array" -array "/Active Directory/All Domains"
defaults write /Library/Preferences/DirectoryService/ContactsNodeConfig "Search Policy" -int 3

plutil -convert xml1 /Library/Preferences/DirectoryService/SearchNodeConfig.plist
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

JustDeWon
Contributor III

@jwojda Haven't truly dug into the script. But from quick glance, I'm not seeing fi for both of your if statements in $6 and $7 for lines #30 and #34.. Also your csp variable in lines #79 and #81 appears to be unused. Maybe something something like a -array "$csp" for lines #90 and #92, instead of the full path. Or you can comment out lines #77-82 and leave lines #90 and #92 as is, if you need the default path to be "/Active Directory/All Domains"

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

JustDeWon
Contributor III

@jwojda Haven't truly dug into the script. But from quick glance, I'm not seeing fi for both of your if statements in $6 and $7 for lines #30 and #34.. Also your csp variable in lines #79 and #81 appears to be unused. Maybe something something like a -array "$csp" for lines #90 and #92, instead of the full path. Or you can comment out lines #77-82 and leave lines #90 and #92 as is, if you need the default path to be "/Active Directory/All Domains"

jwojda
Valued Contributor II

Thank you @JustDeWon I missed closing the if / fi statements as you said!
I also commented out the paths for $csp